• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bus "full"

Status
Not open for further replies.

L401CJF

Established Member
Took an extremely busy double decker Stagecoach route 3 from Kingsbridge to Dartmouth today, which bizarrely included six dogs. Fortunately they were good boys; everyone in holiday mood. Later the bus I was on passed a 12 from Paignton to Torquay showing Bus Full, when it was nothing like. I wonder if the driver knows the new rules yet?
I've done it myself where I've been full and set the sign to say so, then completely forgot to change it back when people have got off!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
I wonder if the driver knows the new rules yet?

Ahh, those wonderful new rules. I'm sure they work great for the majority of the country but not on my local route!

Despite trying to avoid bus travel at all costs I had no choice this morning. My local route is served by what I believe are Temsa vehicles with Arriva but they have a decent proportion of rear facing seats. Before the new rule change only the front single seats behind the driver were taped off and people would use the rear facing seats by often sitting diagonally towards each other, sometimes a parent with a couple of children would occupy the whole thing. With the new rules the bus now resembles a crime scene with tape everywhere to stop people sitting in anything rear facing, it's an absolute mess.

I don't really know the capacity before the new rules versus what it is now but I wouldn't be surprised if capacity on these buses is worse than before.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
Ahh, those wonderful new rules. I'm sure they work great for the majority of the country but not on my local route!

Despite trying to avoid bus travel at all costs I had no choice this morning. My local route is served by what I believe are Temsa vehicles with Arriva but they have a decent proportion of rear facing seats. Before the new rule change only the front single seats behind the driver were taped off and people would use the rear facing seats by often sitting diagonally towards each other, sometimes a parent with a couple of children would occupy the whole thing. With the new rules the bus now resembles a crime scene with tape everywhere to stop people sitting in anything rear facing, it's an absolute mess.

I don't really know the capacity before the new rules versus what it is now but I wouldn't be surprised if capacity on these buses is worse than before.
As far as I know, rear facing seats have always been taped off.
It's nothing recent.

Gloster

Established Member
On Southern Vectis the rearward facing seats over the rear wheels were marked with a big red band. These tended to eventually fall off, but even before they did they were sometimes ignored, which led to the busybodies telling people that “you mustn’t sit there”, even when they were clearly part of a bubble and would otherwise have to spread around the vehicle.

PeterC

Established Member
On the Oxford P&R 400 this week, upstairs there was nothing saying that the "sofa" or the rear facing table seats shouldn't be used. On the return journey the sofa and both tables were occupied by families and most seat pairs occupied.

Status
Not open for further replies.