• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bus Misses Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
A BUS today in Bristol failed to call at a stop, passing just inches away from waiting passengers at over TWENTY miles per hour, to the horror of those waiting.

The bus has since been taken out of service and the driver has been suspended whilst a full investigation takes place. It is belived that the driver was on his mobile phone just seconds before the shocking incident putting his passengers' lives at risk in a dangerous game of Russian roulette.

Tony Woodley, General secretary of the Transport & General Workers' Union, said: "It is absolutely appaling how such an incident could take place in the twenty-first century. It shows that yet again the bus industry is putting profit before safety, the chances of death or serious injury on the buses is so high, yet there are gaping holes in safety."

Bemused onlookers were also shocked at the incident. 73-year-old Ethel Smith was waiting to board the Number 20 bus at the stop in Bristol City centre. "It is appalling, I shall never travel by bus again, my son will be driving me in future" she said. 16-year-old mother of 4, Kylie Wright said: "My poor baby nearly got sucked under the bus by the powerful engines. I shall be taking up this matter with my local radio station."

Further investigations are under way, with bus services past the site suspended, causing chaos for thousands of passengers.

:lol:
What do you think, could I get a job with The Sun?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo said:
A BUS today in Bristol failed to call at a stop, passing just inches away from waiting passengers at over SEVENTY miles per hour, to the horror of those waiting.

The bus has since been taken out of service and the driver has been suspended whilst a full investigation takes place. It is belived that the driver was on his Gameboy just seconds before the shocking incident putting his passengers' lives at risk in a dangerous game of Russian roulette.

Tony Woodley, General secretary of the Transport & General Workers' Union, said: "It is absolutely appaling how such an incident could take place in the twenty-first century. It shows that yet again the bus industry is putting profit before safety, the chances of death or serious injury on the buses is so high, yet there are gaping holes in safety."

Bemused onlookers were also shocked at the incident. 73-year-old Ethel Smith was waiting to board the Number 20 bus at the stop in Bristol City centre. "It is appalling, I shall never travel by bus again, my son will be driving me in future" she said. 16-year-old mother of 14, Kylie Wright said: "My poor baby nearly got sucked under the bus by the powerful wheels. I shall be taking up this matter with my local train station."

Further investigations are under way, with bus services past the site suspended, causing chaos for hundred's of thousands of passengers.

:lol:
What do you think, could I get a job with The Sun?

Read my 'ammended' article, Sun Style :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.