• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bus seat fabric cover material / moquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

plarailfan

I would like to get hold of some bus seat fabric moquette of the style used on District line trains in London, also, Leyland Titan and MCW Metrobuses, etc. We had Leyland Atlanteans and Olympians here in the West Yorkshire PTE fleet back in the 1980's, so this particular moquette style, travelled far and wide !
This was a design, by Sir Misha Black and I wondered where I can buy some and how much I might expect to pay for around a two mitre square piece ?
I would expect it to be widely available, as many preserved buses will, presumably, have wear and tear requiring occasional repair. Please can anyone point me in the right direction to get hold of some - this is the one https://www.flickr.com/photos/97628...J-cD6YPC-RbBrqt-XNND59-2hL2vKV-2dfHZ2K-ctpdcE many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cesarcollie

London Transport Museum shop. Or Camira Fabrics but unless any in stock the latter will have a minimum quantity requirement.

plarailfan

Many thanks for your help everyone. That was really good ! I've got sorted now. or more precisely, I have and I haven't as I ended up on a diversion !
I got in touch with Camira and the "District Line" moquette, that I enquired about, is specially made to order for a minimum quantity.
The diversion came about as Camira were extremely helpful and immediately offered me a remnant of the East London line moquette that they had in stock and for an affordable price, so, I went down that route instead.
I then, had a garden seat cushion pad covered in it for £16 at a local sewing shop, where they shorten curtains and make alterations to ladies prom dresses, etc.
The lady is quite skilled and does a variety of work to a high standard and here's the result https://www.flickr.com/photos/41294071@N02/50013547976/in/dateposted-public/

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Very nice !

I do like a good moquette. I recall a blue/green pattern that used to be on the tube in the 1980's that was quite nice.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
@plarailfan Glad you got it sorted, and thank you for mentioning the forum in the caption of your photo on Flickr :)

Status
Not open for further replies.