• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bus Services on the Isle of Sheppey (Kent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Good morning, I am planning a visit to the Isle Of Sheppey, I have been many times before, but not for 2 - 3 years. Have the bus services there been reduced recently.?

One bus journey I was hoping to do was from Sheerness to the Halfway Cemetery. There used to be a bus every 15 minutes on that section, (That was convenient as it gave me as long or short as as I wanted there before going back into Sheerness and connecting onto another route that went to Warden Point) the overall service was from Leysdown via Halfway to Sheernes, then the same service continued to Rushenden coming back out from Sheerness via Halfway and onto Rushenden.

I have looked at the Arriva timetable for the Island which all seems to have changed and it appears that there is only one bus an hour and that means that I would have to have an hour at the Cemetery which is a bit too long really.

The other bus services don't seem to go via that part of Halfway any more.

I would be travelling on a Saturday, probably in October.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Man of Kent

If you walk down to the main road, the 334 now runs half-hourly to Sheerness via Minster Broadway.
This also gives the potential to change on to the 367 without going all the way back into Sheerness.
The travelinesoutheast.org.uk website is usually an excellent way to plan such journeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.