Bus Stop Relics

Discussion in 'Buses & Coaches' started by TheGrandWazoo, 29 May 2018.

1. Busaholic

Busaholic Established Member

I had to take my wife to a meeting in Risca once, and had to while away three hours before picking her up in the car - I very quickly decided to while the time away somewhere else, several miles away!

2. Dai Corner

Dai Corner Established Member

If in Risca, a trip around Ty Sign on the Stagecoach R1 is a must for officianados of bus stop relics with many of the flags still showing Glyn Williams and long lost route numbers last time I did it. I wouldn't get off though; it's an estate on the steep side of the Valley where Caerphilly Council are said to house some of their more challenging tenants. The Royal Mail refused to deliver to one block of flats for a while following abuse from some of the residents.

3. TheGrandWazoo

TheGrandWazoo Veteran Member

Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
    Lincolnshire is clearly home to the odd relic. Been some time since a Road Car came along here near Grantham

Attached Files:

4. 175mph

175mph Member

Do any buses serve that stop anymore?

5. TheGrandWazoo

Kesteven CallConnect DRT only

6. 175mph

175mph Member

Not sure if this counts as a bus stop relic, but just spotted a Travel South Yorkshire styled bus stop sign on Albion Street, Hull!

Attached Files:

7. SCH117X

SCH117X Member

Presumably road works nearby, that or another is a frequent visitor to North Yorkshire, presumably has been acquired by a road works contractor.

8. Andyh82

Andyh82 Established Member

You see TSY temporary stops in West Yorks a lot as well. The roadworks contractor is obviously not familiar with public transport branding and boundaries!

9. Mitch in Notts

Mitch in Notts Member

There has been a Travel South Yorkshire bus stop sign abandoned in our village (they had been in use during gas renewals) - 5 miles from Nottingham City Centre - for the last year. It must be the road contractors acquired a load up that way and never gave them back!

10. NorthernSpirit

NorthernSpirit On Moderation

The furthest TSY temporary stop flag I've seen was in Bramham. I've even seen them in Southwram (pronounced as Sou-thar-rum), one in Brighouse, one dumped in the River Holme in Holmfirth and one very old one in Penistone which had the old Sheffield area code on the bottom of it. I've seen a few West Yorkshire Metro ones in North Yorkshire and York, some in South Yorkshire oddly enough and even stumbled across one in Buxton!

Speaking of Buxton, I did seen an old Trent Buses lable stuck to the stop flag at the stop near to The Crescent - sadly the lable had been removed when I last went to Buxton, someone must have unpeeled it and took it as a souvernir.

11. richw

richw Established Member

There’s a western greyhound flag outside my kids school. I know of a western greyhound timetable still in situ at a now disused stop.
    At the end of my road there is a DAC timetable, jackets and Plymouth Citybus have both subsequently operated the route that calls in my street twice daily. PCB are the current operator.

12. TheGrandWazoo

There are some WG ones out towards Porthcurno IIRC