• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bus ticket query - First Kernow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

83G/84D

Established Member
Having bought a return ticket from Camborne to Truro today I decided to alight short of my destination on the return journey to do some shopping at a supermarket.

This was a last minute change to my plans as my circumstances later today were to change.

Before getting off I asked the driver if I could return to the bus stop after my shopping and board a later bus to complete my return journey using the same ticket.

The driver was not sure if this was possible or if I would have to buy another one.

In the end I decided to walk the 2 miles or so and did not get to ask the driver of a later service if this allowed?

Any advice appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PeterC

Established Member
I have no knowledge of current First Kernow policy but BoJ hasn't been an option on any service that I have used. in the past 55 years.

swifty

Established Member
Having bought a return ticket from Camborne to Truro today I decided to alight short of my destination on the return journey to do some shopping at a supermarket.

This was a last minute change to my plans as my circumstances later today were to change.

Before getting off I asked the driver if I could return to the bus stop after my shopping and board a later bus to complete my return journey using the same ticket.

The driver was not sure if this was possible or if I would have to buy another one.

In the end I decided to walk the 2 miles or so and did not get to ask the driver of a later service if this allowed?

Any advice appreciated.

1. 4.17 You may not break your journey when travelling on a single or return ticket unless our publicity specifically advises that this is possible. Except where it is specifically stated to the contrary, tickets, passes or other relevant documentation are not transferable. You cannot use a multi-journey ticket (e.g. travel card) for more than one person during the same journey.

That is an extract from the terms and conditions that can be found on the First Kernow website.

https://www.firstgroup.com/uploads/node_images/First-Cornwall-Conditions-of-Travel-August-2017.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.