• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buses (not coaches) on Christmas Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cambus731

TGM will be running the 133 between Braintree and Stansted airporthttp://www.tellingsgoldenmiller.co.uk/Timetables/Leaflet_Christmas%20Harlow.pdf

anyone know of any others?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
There's nothing around here, and there never has been as far back as I can remember.

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
No buses on Christmas day in all Stagecoach East Midlands or EYMS towns. There was once a service in Grimsby in 70/80s, not sure when it ended.

Antman

Established Member
There has been a pretty decent level of service on the Isle of Wight in previous years, I assume it will be the same this year?

Buses in London remain conspicuous by their absence, is this unique for a European capital?

Liam

Established Member
Stagecoach East Scotland's 40 (Queensferry-Edinburgh) is running on Christmas day.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
There has been a pretty decent level of service on the Isle of Wight in previous years, I assume it will be the same this year?

Buses in London remain conspicuous by their absence, is this unique for a European capital?

Yes, there is what I would call a decent service there on Christmas Day!

radamfi

Established Member
Metrobus will be running its now usual half hourly service on route 10 from Bewbush to Gatwick. However on Christmas Day I'll be travelling around the Netherlands where there will be a normal Sunday service on buses and trains.

oldman

LB and LCB in Edinburgh and East Lothian
First in East and West Lothian
Stagecoach to Queensferry

LB runs commercially (I think), the rest are council financed.

howittpie

Stagecoach In Manchester are s usual running the 43 Picadilly to Airport.
Keighley bus museum are also running some free services.

higthomas

Having had a Google and come up short, what is their Christmas day service?

ThePannier

No buses run on Christmas Day in the north east, at least not from Go North East, Arriva or Stagecoach. Unsure on independents, I don't really follow them.

However, Go North East operate Boxing Day services.

Strathclyder

Established Member
Nothing in the Greater Glasgow area. The Big Three (First, Stagecoach & McGills) all have nothing operating on Christmas Day. Same goes for the independent operators (CitySprinter, Glasgow Citybus etc).
On New Year's Day, the First Glasgow Airport Shuttle (no. 500) will operate every 20 minutes to/from Buchanan Bus Station. Nothing else will be operating.
http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/new...17700542_26541_SER 500 NEW YEARS DAY 2015.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.