• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buses on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Isn't that the First depot next to the GWML?

Jim

Established Member
& 1 went up down here (Trowbridge Outstation) a few months back (66117) for the records (R917 BOU)...

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Couldn't have happenned to a nicer company :P

metrocammel

Will this mean that First will have a slight shortage of busses in London now?? If so, perhaps they could bring back some RM's??!! :D

I doubt it though!!!

Established Member
metrocammel said:
Will this mean that First will have a slight shortage of busses in London now?? If so, perhaps they could bring back some RM's??!! :D

I doubt it though!!!

Keep dreaming

taw valley

theres never a slight shortage of busses its just half the things turn up in 2's and 's

take this morning for EG:

30 mins wait for a bus to school 4 busses turn up in a convy how anyoyed do you think i was LMAO

T

Tom

That's what happens on the Muppet buses down here. Generally, on our m1 service, which goes to Poole and Castlepoint, when towards Poole from my local stop, you wait 30 mins, and up to 4 appear at once.

feltham2104, have you noticed there are 2 designs of muppet bus? There's those new ones and the ones they've just repainted!

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
That's what happens on the Muppet buses down here. Generally, on our m1 service, which goes to Poole and Castlepoint, when towards Poole from my local stop, you wait 30 mins, and up to 4 appear at once.

feltham2104, have you noticed there are 2 designs of muppet bus? There's those new ones and the ones they've just repainted!

Yup theres the volvo eclispe and the mesadries S*I*aros i mean citaros there both crap and nothing can beat a VR!!!! i have seen 5 muppet buses in convo at park gates (near poole where the two routes meet.)

EDIT: will be intersting to see if the citaros go up in flames like the bendy buses as they are the same but with out the bend!!

Tom B

Established Member
metrocammel said:

I doubt it though!!!

It's only a few buses, even if they were short in London they'd send buses down from other places where they won't get an earful from the local authority if no buses run!

Julian G

Established Member
feltham2104 said:
tubechallenger said:

Yup theres the volvo eclispe and the mesadries S*I*aros i mean citaros there both rubbish and nothing can beat a VR!!!! i have seen 5 muppet buses in convo at park gates (near poole where the two routes meet.)

EDIT: will be intersting to see if the citaros go up in flames like the bendy buses as they are the same but with out the bend!!
joea1 would like that, as I think he doesn't like Citaros at all

Established Member
Julian G said:
feltham2104 said:
tubechallenger said:

Yup theres the volvo eclispe and the mesadries S*I*aros i mean citaros there both rubbish and nothing can beat a VR!!!! i have seen 5 muppet buses in convo at park gates (near poole where the two routes meet.)

joea1 would like that, as I think he doesn't like Citaros at all

i dont like them either they ugly there rubbish!! and they sound like a hair dryer

Dennis

Established Member
Had my first W&D Citaro ride from Salisbury to Trowbridge on Saturday; slept like a log nearly all the way; must be boring buses, I have never fallen asleep on a VR or a National.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Or they must be an improvement (can buses get any worse!?) for the passengers, being quieter and smoother :P

Dennis

Established Member
Actually I was most impressed by the comfort level on the Citaro, possibly the best bus I have ever been on.

Sprinter

Coming back to the original topic, I have found out that, following the fire, the vehicles listed below have been withdrawn (thanks to the Unofficial First in London site):

--32932/33/38/43/44/45
--33241/43/45/46

Interestingly, all of the above are Tridents and none of the Volvo B7TLs nor the Routemasters at Westbourne Park were affected.

RJ

Established Member
_41243468_bus_fire1.jpg

Oh dear, just so happens that the route that these were used on are now bendy bus operated. All of the bendy buses should be moved elsewhere and replaced by First's T8xx LLC Tridents :p

Sprinter

Jim said:
Give me a Spectra anyday:D
That's the spirit, just a shame only a few operators have chosen the Spectra, only 253 have been built, compared with how many thousand Tridents?! They really are good buses, with thier powerful DAF engine giving good hill climb capabilities.

Ben

Sprinter said:
That's the spirit, just a shame only a few operators have chosen the Spectra, only 253 have been built, compared with how many thousand Tridents?! They really are good buses, with thier powerful DAF engine giving good hill climb capabilities.
Agreed!

Bloody Good Buses

RJ

Established Member
I think that First has drafted in some of ETB's Volvo Presidents. I saw one on the 7 (X152 FBB) and another in their depot when I passed there on the GWML.

Status
Not open for further replies.