• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Buxton Forester" with 40145 and 37248

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
What an excellent day it was too! '145 was on top form as usual, the weather was excellent and the tour ran very smoothly. Well done to Mark Elderkin, Past-Time Rail, CFPS and WCRC for making it a fabulous day - certainly the best tour I've ever done!

buxton2.jpg

buxton13.jpg

buxton15.jpg

buxton16.jpg

See www.bveroutes-trains.co.uk/gallery/buxton.html for the rest of them! :)

I will upload a video soon, featuring 40145 blowing the roof off Preston station!!! :D:D8-)

Comments welcome...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
Weh hey! Great pics!
Was hoping someone would upload some from Buxton :)

pedned

Theres nothing there!!
Except a few shops and pubs.

Nothing noticeably worth going for.

And im going to shut up after this post before i get a slap :lol:

pedned

Sam dont be fooled...
It was in preservation ;)

No 40 ever carried Large Logo in BR service. If they had lasted a few more years then more then a handfull would have probably been painted into it.

But none ever did, and dont think 40145 was ETS fitted (when it was 40445), it was just a mock up to look like a 37/4, fake ETS boxes included.

The Snap

Established Member
Cheers for the comments people...:)

You say there's nothing in Buxton? What about bloody Morcambe???!!! What a dump! <D

Ta,

Status
Not open for further replies.