• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

buying Central Scotland Rover at Dundee/Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddington

Existing threads are contradictory.

I will already have a ticket to the station I will arrive in after 0915, when the Central Scotland Rover becomes valid, but I don't want to get off the train.

I'm not sure if I would be able to buy it on board.

Will I have any problems buying it early in the morning at Dundee or Perth, as they are outside the valid area so staff may not be used to selling them?

Do the ticket offices generally open at the times stated on the NR website?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I don't know if this is still the case but Scotrail guards were apparently not allowed to issue Rovers at one point - don't know if this has changed?

If they get stuck the rover code is FF7 and the product name Centralscotrover - A guard would need to go into secondary services and rover enquiry menu I believe to input either of these.

Last edited:

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
You shouldn't have an issue purchasing this from any ticket office prior to travel.

najaB

Veteran Member
Will I have any problems buying it early in the morning at Dundee or Perth, as they are outside the valid area so staff may not be used to selling them?

Do the ticket offices generally open at the times stated on the NR website?
Dundee booking office is, in my experience, open at the times stated on the NRE website (though their sign does say 0630 rather than 0625). The booking office staff are sound - they've never once batted an eyelid when I've had odd requests (e.g. Dundee-Rosslare Harbour / Dublin-Dundee booked with RTVs).

CyrusWuff

Established Member
The main ticket office at Euston couldn't issue me a Spirit of Scotland Railrover ticket a few weeks ago, after a lot of trying.

Not at work so I can't check, but it wouldn't surprise me to discover it was still showing in retail systems as "Freedom of Scotland", hence the difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.