• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

buying London travelcard at regional station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity are you allowed to purchase an off peak London travel card Zones 1-4 the day before travel I ask because I am off to London tomorrow and always purchase my travel cards in advance on line. This evening I was at Warrington Bank Quay and asked for 2 off peak travel cards the lady behind the counter said she could only sell me the most expensive ticket what ever that is. I told her that i normally buy on-line but as I was in the station I would buy the tickets there. I ended up coming home and getting them on line. Was she correct in refusing me?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David Goddard

Established Member
ANY tickets should be available to purchase at ANY time. The time restrictions only come into play when they are actually used.

34D

Established Member
Out of curiosity are you allowed to purchase an off peak London travel card Zones 1-4 the day before travel I ask because I am off to London tomorrow and always purchase my travel cards in advance on line. This evening I was at Warrington Bank Quay and asked for 2 off peak travel cards the lady behind the counter said she could only sell me the most expensive ticket what ever that is. I told her that i normally buy on-line but as I was in the station I would buy the tickets there. I ended up coming home and getting them on line. Was she correct in refusing me?

I think you'll find that the guard on your up train tomorrow morning will be only too happy to sell you a travelcard.

ANY tickets should be available to purchase at ANY time. The time restrictions only come into play when they are actually used.

Agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.