• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying off-peak returns for days other than they day you buy them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosscbrown

Ugh, that was a horrible title.

What I would like to do is buy a weeks work of off-peak returns all at once, so that I don't have to mess about with ticket machines etc before every train and knowing my luck, missing my train to work.

The return fair is £1.30, maybe £1.60 yet a seven day season pass is up around £12 currently.

So can I buy like a book of tickets for my journey as I really don't fancy wasting an hour every week waiting at the ticket desk to book tickets for other than today.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

glynn80

Established Member
Ugh, that was a horrible title.

What I would like to do is buy a weeks work of off-peak returns all at once, so that I don't have to mess about with ticket machines etc before every train and knowing my luck, missing my train to work.

The return fair is £1.30, maybe £1.60 yet a seven day season pass is up around £12 currently.

So can I buy like a book of tickets for my journey as I really don't fancy wasting an hour every week waiting at the ticket desk to book tickets for other than today.

Yes this is perfectly fine to do, you may want to consider buying them online (putting each days ticket in your basket) and then collecting them all at once at the station.

Guinness

Established Member
You can do this at the Ticket Office as I've bought tickets in advance which were CDR and Savers etc. Just make sure the dates are corrects before leaving the window!

Tom B

Established Member
You can do this at the Ticket Office as I've bought tickets in advance which were CDR and Savers etc. Just make sure the dates are corrects before leaving the window!

^^ Yep - have done the same. Took several attempts to get the right ones printed, mind, but it saved a lot of hassle!

Status
Not open for further replies.