• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying rail tickets for small charity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
No. Most TVMs require the same credit card when collecting tickets, hence the reason for this thread.

That's not quite right. It's the website that you book through that determines whether the same card, or any card, is required for collection. TVMs are agnostic and simply follow the instruction that's been placed in "Live Sales Management" (LSM - the RSP system that handles all ToD bookings) for the particular booking you are trying to retrieve. Websites have two options - these are called "Mailing List Indicators" for some archaic reason - as to whether to require the same card for collection. The MLI is part of the CTR (Customer Transaction Record) that is placed in LSM by the website. The CTR is your 8-character booking reference; all the TVM is doing is following what it is told to do by this reference.

It doesn't matter if the TVM is Parkeon, S&B, Shere / Worldline etc. They all follow that instruction in the same way.

SaveECRewards

Drat. I may therefore have just today been caught by another generalisation! I have booked a ticket for someone else, and part-paid with a voucher on awesomer.con - expecting it to therefore be any card collect. Double drat.
Let me know how it works for you. As I say the website is under constant development and things can change. I did report to them at the time when the other card didn't work that I expect part payment with a voucher as a method to trigger any card collection. I also suggested a check box so that the person booking can decide on any card collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.