• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying tickets with 2 hour change increment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapeltom

Established Member
Hi all

I'm attempting to book tickets on the following schedule

1612 to 1927 - Edinbugh to Manchester Picc
and
2152 to 2238 - Manchester Picc to Chapel en le Frith

All is fine on the NRE website, but when sent to TransPennine Express website to book them it comes up as the 1951 to 2038, I don't want that service. How do I book them for the 2152?

Cheers

Tom

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brucey

Either in person at a ticket office or over the phone from a TOC telesales. You won't get a website to sell you that.

button_boxer

Established Member
What are you trying to achieve? If you're trying to book a through advance you wouldn't be allowed to break your journey, so unless you're intending to stay within Piccadilly station for those two hours (or you're booking an off-peak rather than an advance) then you might be better off booking the two legs separately anyway.

calc7

Established Member
If it is an Advance then you shouldn't have any problem using it on the later service as this is an unreservable Northern Rail service. As long as you don't leave Piccadilly I think most people would deem that a reasonable connecting service - it is of course unlikely the guard will even ask to see your coupon for the TPE leg.

Chapeltom

Established Member
It doesn't matter now. Problem solved. We'll buy singles from Piccadilly to Chapel. Only wanting to see watch the England game that's on that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.