• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying TO Boundary Zone 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheff1

Established Member
I know this has been discussed before. Am I correct in thinking that the conclusion was that it was not possible to buy such tickets online ? If it is possible, can someone point me in the right direction please.

The specific ticket I require is an Aldershot to Boundary Zone 6 Anytime Day return @ £17.80 (the same price as Surbiton but allowing use of trains which do not stop there).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tom3107

If you are wanting to buy in advance, I would recommend using South West Trains telesales on 023 8021 3605. They are based in Southampton and are happy to sell tickets to BZ6, and they give you the option if free postage or collection from a TVM. Much better than some of the other TOC telesales where a few refused to acknowledge their existence!

IanD

Established Member
Or any ticket office....

Except perhaps Northampton where I believe Island has had particular problems buying such tickets.

And Milton Keynes where I often have problems buying such tickets.

As London Midland have ridiculously draconian restrictions on the return times of off-peak London travelcards, it is particularly annoying that a few members of staff at stations served by them don't seem to know (or care) about how to issue BZ tickets.

The Colonel

Except perhaps Northampton where I believe Island has had particular problems buying such tickets.

And Milton Keynes where I often have problems buying such tickets.

As London Midland have ridiculously draconian restrictions on the return times of off-peak London travelcards, it is particularly annoying that a few members of staff at stations served by them don't seem to know (or care) about how to issue BZ tickets.

NLC is 0072 if clerks don't know it.

sheff1

Established Member
If you are wanting to buy in advance, I would recommend using South West Trains telesales on 023 8021 3605. They are based in Southampton and are happy to sell tickets to BZ6, and they give you the option if free postage or collection from a TVM. Much better than some of the other TOC telesales where a few refused to acknowledge their existence!

Thanks tom, I will bear that in mind.

Or any ticket office....

... that is what I was wanting to avoid if possible due to reported problems people have had.

island

Veteran Member

Northampton has been given a flea in its ear by LM management, apparently.

You can also buy boundary zone tickets from Southern TVMs, if it's any use.

sheff1

Established Member
Well, I went to Aldershot station and asked for the ticket to Boundary Zone 6. "That will be Surbiton" said the clerk.

I replied "I am travelling on a train which does not stop at Surbiton and I understand a ticket to Surbiton would not be valid for travel on that train"

"That is officially correct" came the reply "but the fare to Surbiton is the same price so you will be OK with that".

I insisted on a ticket to Boundary Zone 6 and was grudgingly given one ..... but why all the fuss - when he finally got round to it, the ticket took no longer to issue than the one to Surbiton <(

Of course, if I had took his "you will be OK" to be the truth, a Penalty Fare could have been the next step and "the man at the station told me" would no doubt have been dismissed as a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.