• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying U2356 or U3456 Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm

Afternoon all :)

I purchase a return ticket each day going from U2356 to Basildon and have to queue up at the ticket office to purchase. Does anyone have any idea how I can buy this ticket online in advance? there doesn't appear to be an option to enter u2356 as the destination in any of the ticket sites i've looked at!

ta very much in advance for your help!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thewanderer

Established Member
I'm no expert on UK ticketing but a season ticket has got to be better value than buying a return ticket each day!

CCF23

You could use an oyster to Upminster (valid on c2c as far as Upminster) and then buy your ticket i imagine it would be cheaper and Upminster ticket office isn't usually that busy. I would advise you go to the smaller ticket office on platform 1 as this is always quieter.

John @ home

Established Member
I purchase a return ticket each day going from U2356 to Basildon and have to queue up at the ticket office to purchase. Does anyone have any idea how I can buy this ticket online in advance?
Sorry, no.
a season ticket has got to be better value than buying a return ticket each day!
If you can find an appropriate one.
National Fares Manual NFM 04 said:
Origin: BASILDON
Destination: ZONE U2356 LONDN
Route: ANY PERMITTED
Standard Class Single SDS - ANYTIME DAY SINGLE C2C Adult £6.80
Standard Class Return SDR - ANYTIME DAY RETURN C2C Adult £11.20
Standard Class Season - No fares available
Unfortunately gm is not better off with a Travelcard if making 5 return journeys a week.
Destination: ZONE R2356 ZONES
Route: ANY PERMITTED
Standard Class Season 7TS - TRAVELCARD 7DAYS C2C Adult £61.40

John

OwlMan

Established Member
Afternoon all :)

I purchase a return ticket each day going from U2356 to Basildon and have to queue up at the ticket office to purchase. Does anyone have any idea how I can buy this ticket online in advance? there doesn't appear to be an option to enter u2356 as the destination in any of the ticket sites i've looked at!

ta very much in advance for your help!

Which station do you travel to? or does it vary?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You can purchase the ticket in advance from any staffed booking office. For a journey I used to do it was cheaper to buy 5 day returns than a season and I used to go to the station during lunch on a Friday to buy tickets for the following week.

Hager98

To save time cant buy you buy the 5 returns from the ticket office say on Monday, rather than one everyday?

glynn80

Established Member
You can purchase them from London Midland under the entry "Zone U2356 London"

Just a slight correction, London Midland states that "Zone U2356 London" is not a valid location. However if you use the drop down menu you can find the Zone U2356 destination under "Zone U2356 Londn".

John @ home

Established Member
this just appears to offer you an all zones Travelcard despite asking for Zone 1 to be excluded
No. It works for me. Make sure you have cookies enabled on your computer. In the From: box type Zone. From the drop-down list, choose Zone U2356 Londn. In the To: box type Basil or BSO. From the drop-down list, choose Basildon. This offers an Anytime Day Return at £10.50.
Destination: ZONE U2356 LONDN
Route: ANY PERMITTED ...
Standard Class Return SDR - ANYTIME DAY RETURN C2C Adult £11.20
Sorry, that's the wrong direction! A Basildon - Zone U2356 Londn SDR is £11.20. A Zone U2356 Londn - Basildon SDR is against the peak flow, and costs only £10.50. My mistake!

John

gm

fantastic! thanks for all your posts guys! I just find it funny that's extremely hard to buy this sort of ticket online! it is almost like they are hiding it to make you buy a more expensive combination! .. I will check out the london midland site! cheers!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
fantastic! thanks for all your posts guys! I just find it funny that's extremely hard to buy this sort of ticket online! it is almost like they are hiding it to make you buy a more expensive combination! .. I will check out the london midland site! cheers!
The railway companies are making millions of pounds by overcharging customers. They don't want us to find the cheapest combinations. They make it as difficult as they can but they cannot make it impossible. And when we do ask for them, they must provide them.

Status
Not open for further replies.