• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buying West Midlands Day Ranger out of region

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthWestRover

Established Member
Is that possible? E.g. at Warrington Bank Quay, either in person or using a ticket machine. And in advance?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bussnapperwm

Established Member
Any ticket office will sell them, or you local friendly Senior Conductor

djpontrack

I've bought one of them at Carnforth station in Lancs. like others have said you should be able to get one at any station.

M60lad

I always buy mine with no problem from Manchester Piccadilly and combine it with a return to Stafford to get me to/from Manchester

_toommm_

Established Member
One or two places may have trouble finding it - notoriously because of the fact that some ticketing machines abbreviate it to something that could be incomprehensible to the clerk. Showing a screenshot from brfares.com with the issuing code can help sometimes...

coxy

I recently tried to buy one at Taplow (now TfL managed) without success.

Although the clerk found the ticket quite easily, she was unable to issue it. She could issue GWR Rovers such as Thames Branches Day Ranger or 3/7 Day Thames Rover, but alas the WMDR would not print.

Established Member
You shouldn't have a problem at Warrington Bank Quay-they have a list of issuing codes for rovers and rangers in the ticket office. I was expecting issues buying a North Wales Flexipass, but it was issued quickly with little problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.