• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE 37

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello all,

Just wanted to enquire, is there any way I can modify the 37 so it starts within 20sec? I know you may think having a 37 taking ages to start may be real (not like the 37 ive seen fire up straight away) but im always late cos it takes some time to start, every time, and even took 5-6mins last tight to get it going.

cheers,
James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

To ensure you start it up quickly, hold 2 down for approximately 20 seconds, if it doesn't start then, let go and try again. For additional help, when in BVE4, push the 6 key on your numberpad and it will tell you how to move the train. :)

Dennis

Established Member
you can have it already started by changing

Route.change 0,

to

Route.change 1,

in the route file (its about the fourth line of code).

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
TBH Dennis, I like the novelty of actually starting it up myself, but not that long lol

Cheers TC, but why do i need to see how to move the train :?

66's are evil

To get the old beast starting up pretty quickly, as soon as it starts to fire take your finger off the button. I normally get it going within a minute, shouldn't take 5 mins. You just need to improve your reactions!

Tom B

Established Member
I had trouble getting it to fire last night - but I cheated and edited the config files to make it fire first time ;).

Jordy

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
but I cheated and edited the config files to make it fire first time

I think this is what Heart-of-Wessex wants to know, could you please tell us what we have to change to make it fire first time.

Thanks

Jordy

Tom B

Established Member
Can't remember off the top of my head but open up the plugin config file and it should be pretty obvious.

Guinness

Established Member
Got it going within 30 seconds. :)

I might have a little tweaking time of the Config file as Tom said. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.