• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE 4 143 Pacer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet

im going to try and attemp to make this train.

P.s im a complete novice but im willing to give it ago

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
A good way of getting cab pics is to get in a cab!!!

Go for a ride on the Severn Beach line or one of the quieter Valleys lines and ask a friendly looking member of the traincrew if you can get a few shots (best to do this when waiting at a turnback point - much more likely to get in the cab for a sensible amount of time and the pics will be sharper as you are not bouncing all over the place!! - it is also polite to explain why you want the shots).

Just take care where shadows / sunshine are as if these will mess up any attempt at photorealistic cabs and be sure to take as many shots as possible of all parts of the cab.

Jim

Established Member
Give me a week as I have a 144 (same?) cab pic from when I went on the Leeds meet, however it is on My Mum's Laptop ATM. It is away as she spilt Coffee over it, then took it apart & lost the Function Key :roll:

Harold

Jordy said:
Great, we need a decent bouncer :D :D :D

Jordy

if you have traveled on them a lot and you really like them (in reality) i'm suprised that you havant thrown up yet!

Good Luck on your project though Rhys! :D

Muppet

Can somebody tell me all the sounds i need due to Damons site being offline so i cant read the Users guide

Thanks HBA135

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
why don't you just take a reliable train like lets say the class 323 at trainsimcentral and make note of the sound files it has?

Tom B

Established Member
The names of the sounds are up to you as they are now defined in sound.cfg

Muppet

Ive hit my first problem

I have all the sound i need and when i go to load it up it comes up with an error: runtime error then it has to be terminated

Muppet

The Pacer will be delayed now
as i lost all my data :cry: and im going to work through the night :shock: to get it ready agian! :!:

Tom B

Established Member
:roll: You really ought to learn what a backup is :roll:

Tom B

Established Member
...which does not (or rather, in theory should not) affect your files.

Status
Not open for further replies.