• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bve 4 Hst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
Sounds awsome! Is this HST John Owen's, and where will it be hosted? :D

Met Driver

Established Member
Guys, does it really matter who the author is? The important thing is the train itself, so let's just calm down, sit tight, and wait for the release. Top marks though to all involved though! :)

Jim

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
What is SUPERWANG or FULLWANG?

Proper Driving....

I love it, it sounds like it is allready on full power. 1 word HELLFIRE

richa2002

Established Member
I seem to recognise the powering down sound, is that using one of my sound files I gave to TC when he was making it ?

T

Tom

If we talk about it om a lateral way - we know Jono works for GNER so it is going to be a GNER unit we will be driving, but its an FGW cab...

Jim

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
If we talk about it om a lateral way - we know Jono works for GNER so it is going to be a GNER unit we will be driving, but its an FGW cab...

Still better than nothing :lol:

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
all I can say is "bring it on" sorry FGWFan for nicking your catchphrase!

The Snap

Established Member
Is the cab shot on TSC the cab for this version, or has Jono done a new one? All the same, sounds great, and I can't wait! :)

Muppet

The cabs are the same

speaking to Tony Haylor, Steve Green is deciding about the cab as the shot has been taken on a slight angle on a bit, he is decideing whether to do a new one all not

Rhys

AlexS

Established Member
From Jono:

This may sound different as the sounds are not recorded externally so may sound different but are more authentic to the cab environment. It's a VP185 engine which GNER and FGW use in most their power cars and that the engine sounds are entirely mine and not any of Richard Armstrong's. and the engine is doing the full "SUPERWANG", again you mainly hear the engine itself rather than the scream as that's more authentic to the cab. Also the HST is a power car/loco and not a unit.
--- edited ---
Oh, and also thanks for the feedback so far!

richa2002

Established Member
AlexS said:
From Jono:

This may sound different as the sounds are not recorded externally so may sound different but are more authentic to the cab environment. It's a VP185 engine which GNER and FGW use in most their power cars and that the engine sounds are entirely mine and not any of Richard Armstrong's. and the engine is doing the full "SUPERWANG", again you mainly hear the engine itself rather than the scream as that's more authentic to the cab. Also the HST is a power car/loco and not a unit.
--- edited ---
Oh, and also thanks for the feedback so far!
GNER don't have any VP185s fitted to any of their power cars. All have the original Valentas.

Julian G

Established Member
Richard Armstrong said:
GNER don't have any VP185s fitted to any of their power cars. All have the original Valentas.
he probably mistaken GNER for MML?
i swear MML still has a HST with a Valenta?
Are there any Rio Sets that are still with MML?

richa2002

Established Member
As Alex said, it was a mistake saying VP185 and he meant the original Valentas.

Julian G

Established Member
Jim said:
Is he orange & Strippy;) :lol:
or is it purple with a red stripe with yellow wording :lol:

no , nothing wrong with Double Tigger making the BVE4HST

class 313

Established Member
Julian G said:
he probably mistaken GNER for MML?
i swear MML still has a HST with a Valenta?
Are there any Rio Sets that are still with MML?
i do belive MML have 1 or 2 valenta power cars about.

Status
Not open for further replies.