• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE as swf help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascot

Established Member
Right i have a problem, my school computers allow memory sticks, however not .exe's. .swf's work fine and i was wondering if any chance to have bve running as a .swf file with the installation files in that .swf? Sorry if this was posted elsewhere.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
BVE as a shockwave flash file? It's not shockwave flash though! And it uses direct X and something else which i have just forgotten :lol:

You might be able to do it on remote computer. Not sure how that works though.

You should be able to run an .exe off a pen drive though. Someone at y school does!

Ascot

Established Member
yeah i know there was a way to convert a .exe into a .swf but i can't remember. And nothing with .exe can be ran, unless there is another name i can use?

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Shouldnt you be working when at school ;)

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
yeah i know there was a way to convert a .exe into a .swf but i can't remember. And nothing with .exe can be ran, unless there is another name i can use?

I have the exact same problem at school - you can't run .exe files at all or much else tbh... not on an RM network by any chance? They're a damn pain in the neck and the more recent versions like connect 4 are unbelievably like fort knox compared to connect 2 which was easily gotten around.

devon_metro

Established Member
Ranger is easy to hack. There is a username that everyone knows about with full privalidges. They say: "We will trace you" Yeah right ;)

Derek Kaye

try creating a new word document and inserting it as an object in there.. it is run as a SYSTEM process then IIRC

edit:

or try loggingin as LOCAL admin... try 'administrator' with no password and the local machine as the domain

Ascot

Established Member
cheers for the replys.

nah we have our own system for networking and it's wired up 2 heck. I'll try that local thing. THe only things we can do is internet and anything but .exe and .bat

T

Tom

My school can't - but who says I don't get around it. :mrgreen:

class 313

Established Member
Your schools all suck :P as mine allows .EXEs but if its bad the admin will just remove it. The admin and i have had many words about my Z drive

Gavelex

My school did not even let you on rail uk till the start of this week so think how much fun i have with these computers.....

Tom B

Established Member
I was the sysadmin at my last school for a couple of years so what I said went. EXEs were blocked unless I allowed it through.

RM blocks EXEs by default IIRC but there are "ways around".

Status
Not open for further replies.