• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bve Coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

Hi, As you may or may not know, I am developing the Northern Heights for Bve 2 & 4. I have got my plans together, objects etc, but I don't know ANYTHING about coding in Notepad or Excel and when I use the tutorial in Bve Route Builder, It gets to a point where I can't do what its asking?

Can anyone help me with coding or is there a basic tutorial available?

Thanks,

David

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Well the way I've done it is that I look at other peoples .csv files and add infomation using different codes via Damon's Site (www.virtual-rail.co.uk). And just fiddle about with Track Viewer available from Mackoys site.

I will try and write a bigger an better explanation latter on when I have the time. :)

The Snap

Established Member
You need to code in Notepad,then when you 'Save As', change the thibg at the bottom to 'All Files' from '.txt' and call your route whatever.csv
Try Damon's site for the coding guide, very easy to understand. I normally useanother route file and change it, this is easier as I can't code the whole thing myself.
Hope the MHE branch comes in useful, it will cut a big chunk off your work.
Good luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.