• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE makes it into Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
Last time I looked, my name was on the BVE Wikipedia page? :)

T

Tom

Yes, I removed it because it was done by a vandal who did not conform to the page standards.

LondonBVE

What do you mean did not comform to the page standards?

Do you mean the website is not in a condition where it could be host?

P.S I'm the vandal. (Didn't know about it, sorry)

I think the information on there could do with updating. Like Lists of places to download stuff or lists of routes avalible.

T

Tom

LondonBVE - I knew you were the 'vandal', I could tell by the style of your writing, what you put in was defacing the page as you were putting personal opinions in, and that is not the idea of Wikipedia, it is meant to be factual, not really opinions!

T

Tom

Not really, I'm following the guidelines which Wikipedia impose...

Tom B

Established Member
No-one "owns" Wikipedia (well, spare Jimbo Wales). The guidelines are community based and are enforced by various members in the spirit of enhancing the article.

FOr those unaquatined with the open source world to whom this is an alien concept, apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.