• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE Routes & Trains' Big Release Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
I have now released the much awaited Richwell Network Stage 2 for BVE4 (only). I would like to thanks Tony Haylor, tubechallenger, Jordy, Zane and anyone else who BETA'd or helped towards the route in any way.

The route is an extension the Naughton Airport, a busy, international airport, with a big mainline station. You can also take your service into the depot following Naughton Airport, and 'clock-off' your duties by parking up the train in the sheds.
This now means you can travel the full length of the line, from Richwell Central to Naughton Airport, via King Edwards and Aston Market.
The route now features fully working AWS and TPWS signaling systems (thanks to Tony for help!), realistic sounds and a wide selection of stations.
You will require the Class 220 Voyager from TSC (www.trainsimcentral.co.uk), and the Class 321-4 from Virtual Rail (www.virtual-rail.co.uk) for Stage 2.

Finally, you can now download a selection of BVE2 compatible trains from BVE Routes & Trains. These include the Class 325 and 303 by Chris Cooper, the Class 150-255 by Zane Saxton, and the LT1996 stock by myself and Wulf, which will be used in the BVE2 version of the JLE (coming soon!).
Please check them out at the 'Trains' page of my site!

Comments appreciated! :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TAS

Looks good, I see you're doing the ELR, good luck with this.
EDIT:Just went along in the express, this was a great route and well done to all those involved in this.

devon_metro

Established Member
Very nice! Although if i were you i would ammend the Directory that it installs to, either mackoy\bve4\railway or bve\railway

I have never had a route installing to bve4\railway

The route is exellent! Well done!

EDIT: Just driven the full length non stop voyager, very nice! I like the gradients :shock: :lol:

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
Yeah, regarding the install directory, I've always used BVE4\..., however, I know that the BVE main installer installs BVE to mackoy\BVE4\... - I'll amend it when I get the chance.

Timetables wise, I have not managed to get the timetables to work, as the command never worked correctly. I always got the 'Syntax Error' message when I used the command. I'll see what I can do for the next release... ;)

Nitro

It sure is except that I stopped at two non-stop stations on the Voyager route thinking that they are the airport and still managed to get ontime with 15 secs to spare. Only have one little bit of critisicim and thats the timetables but apart from that brilliant route!!!

Tom B

Established Member
Rich said:
Hi guys,
Yeah, regarding the install directory, I've always used BVE4\..., however, I know that the BVE main installer installs BVE to mackoy\BVE4\... - I'll amend it when I get the chance.

Timetables wise, I have not managed to get the timetables to work, as the command never worked correctly. I always got the 'Syntax Error' message when I used the command. I'll see what I can do for the next release... ;)

Post the command you've used and the error it gives you here - IIRC the path is relative to the train directory, not the route directory, which is rather confusing.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Coxster said:
Why does the 47 in the depot have the sound of a HST?

I thought I was behind a HST on the last 47 I was behind, I think they sound similiar, maybe not as loud though!

richa2002

Established Member
47s going full pelt do sound a bit like HSTs because of their turbos.

Coxster

Established Member
Richard Armstrong said:
47s going full pelt do sound a bit like HSTs because of their turbos.
But this 47 is ticking over in the depot...

The Snap

Established Member
Which depot are you talking about here? The one at the very end? :)

Tom, in regards to the timetable, I used this command, which was taken from Maybank and editted accoringly folder/filename wise (Maybank shows the timetable, my route doesn't???):

.Timetable(0).Day.Load ../../Railway/Object/Richwell/Timetables/voyager_1305.bmp

Tom B

Established Member
Try copying and pasting a Maybank timetable bitmap into your Timetables directory, and edit the command to load that. If that will work then check the dimensions of your timetable files against the maybank ones - BVE is very fussy in this respect.

Chris

This route just gets better Rich. Have you noticed the suicidal kids on each platform, especially when you fly through on the voyager! <D

The Snap

Established Member
LOL, yeah! They are a little depresed, so... :D :shock: :P

Tom B

Established Member
I've just driven the route, very good! See your PM :).

Harold

I've just driven the route, not bad, although you need to get rid of that HST sound you put on the 47 at the Depot.

Not bad though

6 out of 10 rating!

Tom B

Established Member
Harold said:
I've just driven the route, not bad, although you need to get rid of that HST sound you put on the 47 at the Depot.

Not bad though

6 out of 10 rating!

I'd say the 47 and the second sprinter shouldn't have engine sounds - in a depot they're not likely to be running unless they're being prepped for service, are they?

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
I'd say the 47 and the second sprinter shouldn't have engine sounds - in a depot they're not likely to be running unless they're being prepped for service, are they?

No, not all of them. The ones at the front of each queue are ready to leave, the others are just stationery, and are waiting for someone to come and get them going LOL! Will sort the sounds... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.