• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE Voyager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroom

One of the horns on the voyager is a 3tone siren. i have heard this on my travels but have never understood its purpose. Can anyone help out???

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sam

I would have thought it is meant to be the Driver calling Train Manager sound. However i have allways known the very slow beeps to be Driver calling TM.

Craig

Established Member
It's a crew call tone. You'd press it if you needed to speak to the guard/retail manager. Obviously it doesn't work properly in BVE though... ;)

Craig said:
It's a crew call tone. You'd press it if you needed to speak to the guard/retail manager. Obviously it doesn't work properly in BVE though... ;)

It is a crew call. It is used for communication between TM, RSM and FCH

The driver call is alot different, pretty much 3 tones that go from low to mid range and are alot slower.

There are so many alarms/ tones on a voyager.

Jim

Established Member
Bonnie Prince Charlie said:
It is a crew call. It is used for communication between TM, RSM and FCH

The driver call is alot different, pretty much 3 tones that go from low to mid range and are alot slower.

There are so many alarms/ tones on a voyager.

More to go wrong :lol: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.