• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE Will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth Hale

Hi all, my BVE has currupted itself, ive re-installed everything, even net framework, and the program itself, even cleaned out the reg and whenever I load BVE I get a white screen and it doesnt load anything else up, do you know what could be the problem. I have attached a screenshot of what it does. That is correct, it will show as a blank screen!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Why have posted a picture of a white screen?

Sounds like your Super Computer has killed BVE because it's too powerful for it.

Gareth Hale

Ive sorted it, never mind.
[EDIT]
EmergencyBrake said:
Gareth, I thought you was a computer expert!

I deal with hard drives, processors, memory, motherboards and general hardware, im not as good when it comes to problems with software.
[EDIT]
The problem and how to fix it if it ever happens to you is to, rollback your graphics drivers, turn down the AA and Anastropic and then turn your picture quality down... I guess my settings were too advanced for it making it not run!

Guinness

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
The problem and how to fix it if it ever happens to you is to, rollback your graphics drivers, turn down the AA and Anastropic and then turn your picture quality down... I guess my settings were too advanced for it making it not run!

So my first post was right then about your computer. ;)

Coxster

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Me too, my 80GB gets filled up really fast.
Ha - I have double yours yet I have only used 30.9GB of it!

Awaits sarcastic remark about how all Gareth's computers equal a terrabyte...

Guinness

Established Member
Coxster said:
Ha - I have double yours 8-)

Awaits sarcastic remark about how all Gareth's computers equal a terrabyte...

I have 60GB and 3 years of using this computer (It was modern in it's time!! ;)) I haven't once filled it up. Currently using 51GB included Windows XP.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Well I have filled my 180 gb harddrive today :p

Gareth Hale

I have 80GB and 69GB Free, its a bit full and im getting my 750GB HDD's soon anyways :)
[EDIT]
Tom B said:
Of course :roll:

If everybody went to Socket 939, this would be a error that everyone would have found out and there would be a fix for it!

devon_metro

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
I have 80GB and 69GB Free, its a bit full

What the! That's tons of space. I used to have a 6Gb HD, show some appreciation for peopl who have smaller drives. What's the point on a 750b anyway. Are you running a server, busniness?

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
gawd on my laptop I have a 40Gb I haven't filled...... then again I did fill the 6Gb on my old pc easily.... then theres the 80Gb on the new Pc.... (not so new now but mih) thats nowhere near half full...

Gareth Hale

Liam said:
What the! That's tons of space. I used to have a 6Gb HD, show some appreciation for peopl who have smaller drives. What's the point on a 750b anyway. Are you running a server, busniness?

I am personally just using the avalible slots on my PC and ive got a server motherboard, I do a lot of video editing though.

Chris

Ive got 250GB internal and 160GB external media drive for an HP Media Center Desktop. It needs so much as it has a recordable Freeview TV card. Its great for recording a series of programmes then burning them to DVD; my latest creation being 2hrs of Underground Ernie for my son. Quality!

Nick

Liam said:
I currently have 6BG so stop moaning and be gratful that you computer works ffs

Yea but you don't computer game much though I suspsect, for me, my 40gb one is running out of space, modern day games such as Call of Duty 2/Battlefield 2 take up at least 3gb each on your system.....and then theres the patchs to get!

Nick

Liam said:
Well i usually have 80 Gb but I'm stuck with a 8 year old PC atm :(

Meh, our old PC had a whopping 3.2gb and Windows 95 :D
80gb *fills with envy* if only I could afford to upgrade (again)
Incidently, you've probably posted elsewhere but what happended to your XP machine?

Tom B

Established Member
Nick said:
Meh, our old PC had a whopping 3.2gb and Windows 95 :D
80gb *fills with envy* if only I could afford to upgrade (again)
Incidently, you've probably posted elsewhere but what happended to your XP machine?

One of mine had a 1.56gb HDD, running Win95. The previous one had a 768mb HDD with Win 3.1!

Guinness

Established Member
Tom B said:
One of mine had a 1.56gb HDD, running Win95. The previous one had a 768mb HDD with Win 3.1!

I had something similar. 75Mhz Windows 95 Pentium 1 with 56k Dial Up!! Dial Up was a luxury back then!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.