• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE4 and EDB - ABD help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Evening gang.

I need some help with BVE4. Unfortunately, I have installed BVE4, got the BVE4 HST too. Recently put the EDB - ABD route on here too, as I've missed having a really thrashy route to drive in a HST. Indeed, I've loved having BVE4 again.

Problem is that when I eventually found the .csv file, it says 'Train is not found' or something when I try to run it.

Any ideas what I've not done right?

Cheers in advance lads.

Regards,
Jules

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I have it with this filepath:

C:\Program Files\mackoy\BVE4\Train\HST4

I also have this:

C:\Program Files\bve4

Which does contain the EDB - ABD route.

I get the feeling I need to shift some of this lot around, all of the EDB - ABD route folders to the mackoy\BVE4\railway folder. Indeed, I'm going to try it now.

EDIT: That didn't work...Hmm...

Ah, your folders are messed up.

First of all, move the route and object folder to C:\Program Files\BVE\Railway

Then move the HST4 folder to C:\Program Files\BVE\Train\

It should work now...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Hmm, I get some of it to work, but I don't get the signals for some reason...

Never mind I guess for now. Must be something I've done wrong, I'll look sometime soon and come back with queries when I do if it doesn't work.

Cheers for that EmergencyBrake!

Jonno2055

Hmm, I get some of it to work, but I don't get the signals for some reason...

I get that exact same problem, I think it might have something to do with BR signals, it might be that it is not installed. I think that you do need BR signals for this route to work. When the signals went missing for me I tried to download it from TSC but the connection to the files wasn't working at that time.

Jonno

Dennis

Established Member
BrSigs are required for most routes; these should be installed in the \objects directory

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Cheers for that lads, copy/pasted BrSigs from my NWM route folder to the Edin folder.

Here's hoping that works...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Going to d/load it then in that case! Copy/pasted it over as said last night, didn't make a difference.

On a related note, I got the replacement sounds for the BVE4 HST recently. By GOD they sound good! Big up to the recorder!

Now all I need is a route with signals to storm along with it tomorrow...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Well I had some fun storming the s**t out of the HST up the banks, around the bends today...Drove myself around the bend in some places, Stonehaven in particular...Full emergency brake application after the station comes out of no-where...Thankfully the brakes are nice and powerful...Otherwise it's a pretty good route, got caught out a few times by severe drops in speed limits, but hey. Shutting down the front p/c at Dundee had to be done, with a nice noisy re-start a few minutes before going again. Woke Dundee up!

Anyway, having d/loaded BrSigs from TSC last night, copy/pasting them to the correct position earlier worked thankfully.

Cheers for the help gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.