• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE4 Doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
Hi

I just found out that in BVE4 you can not only close the train doors, but open them.

Is there a way of stopping the doors open automatically at stations so, eg, I could drive the northern line and open the doors manually like real drivers do.

Thanks

Jordy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

Jordy said:
Hi

I just found out that in BVE4 you can not only close the train doors, but open them.

Is there a way of stopping the doors open automatically at stations so, eg, I could drive the northern line and open the doors manually like real drivers do.

Thanks

Jordy

The only way is to press F6 quickly before the doors automatically open. But they won't close themselves after.

Jordy

Established Member
Lol yeah, I found that out but its not very realistic

Anything else?

Jordy

T

Tom

The doors DO automatically close themselves if you open them manually!

As for any other ways... no! :(

evil_hippo

I just close them myself since you would open them right away anyway. But I certainly do use F6 for any metro routes sans conducteurs*, hence northern line heritige is not included. I do like this better than present time northern line actually, as you drove but dodn't operate doors back than, whereas now your rolde on BVE is the opposite of your real one.

Another use I have of F6- I use it when BVE doesn't like my stopping positiomn but I have stopped on the platform and in a decent position for waiting passengers.

*not real french

Julian G

Established Member
F6, eh?
i've always use that when i am driving the 321s to hammerwich
sometimes when i'm not ready to depart yet or when the problems occur
on the train
the doors always close automatically but i always press F6 in order to close the doors /sometimes open :)

Jordy

Established Member
I've found a way to satisfy me !

Drive the 170 on Hammerwich - Wood green and stop short of the stop boards!

Simple!

Thanks for all your tips

Jordy

Status
Not open for further replies.