• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE4 Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jord

I was just wondering that is it possible to download say classes 08/09, 20, 52, 55, 56, 59, 60, 67, 90, 92 if it is where could i download this and what/where are the routes? [ i've got BVE4] Although . . .

. . . I've never come accross routes that you drive any of these classes except one with a 67 (but don't know where to download the loco from - and is it free?) and i've seen the Barrow - Carlisle you can drive a 20 but not seen where you can download a 20, but never seen any of the other classes or the routes to let you drive the classes.

Thanks for any replies

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
There are some BVE2 units and locos at TSC; here Some, if not all, work with BVE4 but with no cab brightness changes, AWS, TPWS or rain.

My personal favourite out of that lot has to be the 201.

To change the trains in any route, open up the route file (after making a backup copy). The train is specified by the Train.folder statement which appears somewhere in the first couple of dozen lines of code, eg

Train.Folder cl170,

to change this to another train, just alter the folder name, eg if you wanted to replace the 170 in this example with the 156 just change the Train.Folder command to

Train.Folder Cl156_Pro,

I have published a guide to making a few basic route modifications here - HTH.

Jord

So if i dowloaded loco's that are for BVE2, it will work on BVE4?

And i can really use any loco i want on any route if i change the name as you said?

I would like to try out driving a 92 and the others i said, just hope they work as i can have a short temper sometimes lol

and what's the site for bvetrains?

Dennis

Established Member
Providing the trains are inherently OK (there were a few duff BVE2 ones around IIRC) and they are installed to your normal BVE4 trains folder then they should work but without the functions mentioned in my previous post.

Jord

So then there are no routes on BVE4 that you can drive say a 92 or a 60?

Also just wondering is somebody trying to join a Birmingham X city south and X city north? or are they just going to be separate? i would have enjoyed a staright run through from Redditch - Lichfield

Also i fancied trying out driving on the LU, and i downloaded all the right things, the right train and again it loads and comes up with a load of Errors where i can Ignore or Abort, any ideas how to rectify this?

And the same with this: http://www.bveroutes-trains.co.uk/routes/harcroft.html
I tryed downloading this route, everything it said and then when i try and load it, it loads some then comes up with a load of errors and then i can click either Ignore or Abort, seems like i'm not evry good at this because every new thiing i want to try it don't work :( I really want to try out this route and the LU as i never have either

Thanks for any help that will let me do this

mbonwick

Established Member
So then there are no routes on BVE4 that you can drive say a 92 or a 60?

Well you can drive a 60 or a 92 (assuming there are BVE2 versions of the trains) on any route...;)

Also just wondering is somebody trying to join a Birmingham X city south and X city north? or are they just going to be separate? i would have enjoyed a staright run through from Redditch - Lichfield

I do believe Anthony Bowden succeeded in merging the two route, however he could not get them to run with acceptable framerates with his desired level of detail.

Also i fancied trying out driving on the LU, and i downloaded all the right things, the right train and again it loads and comes up with a load of Errors where i can Ignore or Abort, any ideas how to rectify this?

And the same with this: http://www.bveroutes-trains.co.uk/routes/harcroft.html
I tryed downloading this route, everything it said and then when i try and load it, it loads some then comes up with a load of errors and then i can click either Ignore or Abort, seems like i'm not evry good at this because every new thiing i want to try it don't work :( I really want to try out this route and the LU as i never have either

Thanks for any help that will let me do this

See the FAQ I have created, the link is http://www.trainsimcentral.co.uk/downloads/misc/bvefaq.pdf
I know it doesn't deal with LU routes, but the install proceedure is the same.

Jord

Sorry mbonwick but the link doesn't work and i have added you on msn being as it's much quicker to speak to each other and you maybe help me :D if that's ok

Juniper Driver

Established Member
Im just chuffed that BVE 2 works with my Samsung Q40 so I will be able to drive trains in Japan next month.:tongue5:

Haven't tried BVE4 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.