• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BVE5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
Has this quietly gone under the radar or did anyone know about it.
Possibly the most exciting news for a while :)

reschanger

I wouldn't be too excited... If you read the announcement, then you'll probably going to learn that the reason for the creation was porting BVE 4 to Vista, done by someone besides Mackoy himself. If you are asking for new features, then I would certainly wait some time. It might not be the best news this time... although both the train and the route use completely new formats (maybe something new under the hood - hard to tell)...

Huh? BVE 6 it's not the next?

Often said.
BVE 5 to produce.

Q. Why does not respond quickly to Windows Vista?

DirectX version is different; '_ `

DirectX7 Prior to, Direct3D mode two.
Direct mode (IM: Immediatte Mode) and hold mode (RM: Retained Mode).
BVE Trainsim, with retention mode.
DirectX8 or later, will hold mode has been dropped, DirectX9 will be retained until the operation is supported by mode.
Windows Vista in the DirectX10, the mode will no longer hold.
Mode and hold direct mode is a completely different concept for the program to change the structure of such large-scale reshuffle you.

Q. not yet completed?

A. not yet; '_ `

Is difficult to retrofit, rewritten from scratch.

Q. fast?

A. Just painting work; '_ `

DirectX has Rock_On part of the foundation wrote to achieve. Thanks!

Windows Vista running on the air here (Rock_On's offer)

http://mackoy.cool.ne.jp/images/bve_on_vista.jpg
bve_on_vista.jpg

Download Screenshots just is not fun because the way the program has produced here

Note the middle of production, so safety is guaranteed.
[FONT=&quot]・[/FONT]Bveim.exe and then begin.
[FONT=&quot]・[/FONT]Sound is not ring.
[FONT=&quot]・[/FONT]The allocation is the default key.
[FONT=&quot]・[/FONT]Does not open the door.
[FONT=&quot]・[/FONT]Some structures do not appear.
[FONT=&quot]・[/FONT]In addition, many are not yet equipped.

© 2008 mackoy

Darandio

Established Member
Well maybe my excitement was a bit premature but anything to improve the vista debacle is fine by me, especially with my new computer only 7 weeks away.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
just downloaded it, looks rather good for development - took me 5mins to realise I was going in a continuous circle at the end of the route doh!

Andy

I wonder if the Nvidia graphics problem will be sorted?

It would be great if it is?! I would be able to tell, if it will acctually install all i get is an error message. ***** vista!

J_Legrand

I'm wondering if the BVE5/6 annoucement is not an answer to Michelle's OpenBVE as well?...

Anyway, the bve5 alpha works fine under Vista/Nvidia, that's at least a great news.

LondonBVE

It is a great news but let's hope it will move on. *Fingers crossed* Anyway have anyone tried it with nVidia 9 Series card?

Andy

This is maybe me just been stupid, but i can't seem to get this working on my laptop.

I just get a .net error at startup, its at the bottom of my list at the mo.

It just, today ive sorted many problems with .net at work and many with stupid adobe reader 9 err. I was just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with BVE5?

LabRatAndy

I had to download the latest updates to DirectX, from Microsoft's website before it would work for me.

Andy

I had to download the latest updates to DirectX, from Microsoft's website before it would work for me.

Yes,

Spending the afternoon of works time trying to fix the problem it would appear, that you need DirectX 9.

If you don't have DirectX 9, you will get a error. This is the bit that conufued me and the other tech team in my department. The error reported is acctually a .Net framework error, so its is very confusing. Just egnore the .net error, and install DirectX.

But the best bit!! It works on my laptop, Nvidia graphics is here for BVE. At last!

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.