• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bypassing Tamworth and Lichfield T.V. on the WCML?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello,

I wasn't sure where to post this, so here it is.

Is it possible for a train, going up or down the WCML, pass through Rugeley Trent Valley, avoid Lichfield Trent Valley and Tamworth but then pass through Nuneaton, or vice versa?

I ask this after seeing timings for trains and tours that appear to avoid Tamworth and LTV - or are the timings for these stations simply not listed to save space?

For example, here's part of the timings for The Cumbrian Mountain Express, next wednesday:

Nuneaton 0807-0810
Amington Junction 0821
Lichfield North Jn (Ll) 0827
Rugeley North Jn 0832
Colwich 0835
Stafford 0841-0857

....I'd normally go to Lichfield T.V. to phot a train on this route, and will eventually do it at Tamworth, but will the train even call at/pass through those stations?

Sorry if this is a ramble, I can't concisely word anything, ever.

Cheers!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
According to those junction descriptions then the train will pass through Tamworth and Lichfield stations, although if it uses the fasts then it will not actually pass through a platform road, which may be a possible explanation why the stations are not listed, but the nearby junctions are instead.

ilkestonian

Hello,

Is it possible for a train, going up or down the WCML, pass through Rugeley Trent Valley, avoid Lichfield Trent Valley and Tamworth but then pass through Nuneaton, or vice versa?

No, will be WCML. Realtime trains shows that the CME is routed on the slows through the area, from just north of Rugby as far as Colwich, and given the times between the various timing points, it would have to be direct via the WCML even if there were an alternative...

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
They will not usually show passing locations unless they are timing points. So it looks to me that the stations you mention are not passing points for non-stop trains.

Timing points are detailed in the Rules of the Plan.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Tamworth and Lichfield TV are not mandatory timing points as they aren't points of conflict or cause any other timing issues. Only trains that stop there are timed.

Boothby97

Established Member
Hello,

I ask this after seeing timings for trains and tours that appear to avoid Tamworth and LTV - or are the timings for these stations simply not listed to save space?

For example, here's part of the timings for The Cumbrian Mountain Express, next wednesday:

Nuneaton 0807-0810
Amington Junction 0821
Rugeley North Jn 0832
Colwich 0835
Stafford 0841-0857

....I'd normally go to Lichfield T.V. to phot a train on this route, and will eventually do it at Tamworth, but will the train even call at/pass through those stations?

Sorry if this is a ramble, I can't concisely word anything, ever.

Cheers!

Lichfield North Jn is north of Lichfield TV and Amington Jn is of Tamworth.
Thanks, Sam

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Nuneaton 0807-0810
Amington Junction 0821
Rugeley North Jn 0832
Colwich 0835
Stafford 0841-0857

This is the new TV4 route, and there are no crossovers from fast to slow between Amington Jn and Lichfield North Jn.
If you are on the fast you can't access Tamworth or Lichfield stations anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.