• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

C Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

user15681

Established Member
This is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone know the full diagrams for the last two runs this Monday? Hoping to cover as much of them as I can. Thanks in advance!

Last diagram on H&C leaves Barking (10:15) to Hammersmith (11:15), that's it, only one way.

Last diagram on Circle leaves Hammersmith (11:12), Edgware Road (11:28), Aldgate (11:48), Edgware Road (12:24), Mansion House (12:57), Liverpool Street (13:06), Edgware Road (13:23) to Hammersmith (13:39).

From se-gen.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Last diagram on H&C leaves Barking (10:15) to Hammersmith (11:15), that's it, only one way.

Last diagram on Circle leaves Hammersmith (11:12), Edgware Road (11:28), Aldgate (11:48), Edgware Road (12:24), Mansion House (12:57), Liverpool Street (13:06), Edgware Road (13:23) to Hammersmith (13:39).

Thanks for that, shame they aren't out for longer in the morning before those runs like I hoped.

Nym

Established Member
This is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone know the full diagrams for the last two runs this Monday? Hoping to cover as much of them as I can. Thanks in advance!

Chances are it hasn't been decided yet.

OK, maybe it has.

Last edited:

ModernRailways

Established Member
Does anyone have a rough timetable for the C Stock on Saturday/Sunday?

Will be back down London so would love to get them on video for their last weekend in service. Thanks in advance!

simple simon

alas something has cropped up so I wil not be 'out and about' on Sunday, but can on Monday.

Maybe Hammersmith will be the place to be (on Monday) when the last journeys arrive?

I wonder whether even one C stock car will be preserved?

Eventually there will be a film on my youtube channel which inclues footage if these trains as they were when first built - and during the exoerimental refurbishments in the early 1990's.

I've yet to do the same for the A stock and already have enough footage of the D stock. It will probably be summer 2014 before this happens.

Simon

Last edited:

bluegoblin7

Established Member
ahem, but maybe Hammersmith will be the place to be (on Monday) when the last journeys arrive?

I seem to recall that when other types of rolling stock made their last normal journeys 'something special' would occur.

Simon

Nothing special occurred when the last A stock ran (Except losing door interlock on the approach to H-o-t-H, perhaps?) - not even any particularly special announcements when the train terminated. The thread on the A's demise is here (Starting from around the last day posts).

I'll be out Monday morning though, more than likely riding rather than photographing - I still rather like the C stock and will be sad to see them go.

simple simon

Nothing special occurred when the last A stock ran (Except losing door interlock on the approach to H-o-t-H, perhaps?) - not even any particularly special announcements when the train terminated. The thread on the A's demise is here (Starting from around the last day posts).

I'll be out Monday morning though, more than likely riding rather than photographing - I still rather like the C stock and will be sad to see them go.

Jack, well of course these trains will still be uning on the Wimbleware service. For a while, at least.

Visually their present format is nicer; the yellow handrails and seating moquette colours etc. But for seated passengers they were probably better to travel in when new, as there were better draught screens.

btw, I've edited my message, as my muse about what might happen should not have been said in advance. Its not that I have heard anything about Monday ('coz I haven't) but we are approaching the end of an era for the Circle Line and what was the Metropolitan Line's Hammersmith service and epochal changes are sometimes accompanied with 'events' (free refreshments - tea, coffee, mineral water, and finger food celebrations would be nice!!!, as would an O stock carriage on display somewhere at the station).

In effect, on Monday the former Combine which gained control of its commercial rivals in 1933 will be taking two more steps towards its long held aspiration of one type of rolling stock for all the subsurface lines.

Simon

Last edited:

joeykins82

The step-free access stickers on the S7s have been updated to show that there is now level platform boarding at all of the H&C stations where it was previously "step free apart from the step up to or down from the train to the platform"

Dstock7080

Established Member
True, but I suspect by the time I next go down - 1 month+ possibly - they will be gone from there too.
Still a few months to go yet, 4 S7s will soon be introduced as passenger working to Wimbledon has now been approved (T753 can now run in service), the remaining Cs will be removed May/June.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member

If that relates to the final public A Stock runs on diagram 412 a couple of days before the farewell special, there were a number of announcements being made on board - the last departures from several stations, including Aldgate, were thus marked.

NSEFAN

Established Member
Current train diagram numbers :
Circle line: 200
H&C line: 236 (currently at paddington heading for hammersmith)
Plenty of c stock on the Wimblewares
Kenny O shuttle is D stock

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Thought you lot might like to see this. I suspect one or two members might have already seen the original...?

Please excuse the poor signwriting of the unit's number; I have increasingly trembly hands.

Attachments

• C Stock Painting.jpg
    C Stock Painting.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

tranzitjim

A stock being turned into S stock, or in deed C stock becoming S stock?

I trust that with many of the S stock trains, the steel making them have yet to be formed for any part of the later deliveries.

By now, all of the metal from A stock trains would have been melted down, and ready to be made into something again by now.

What are the chances that, the same steel that came from A stock cars, and in deed some C stock cars, may in fact end up being used to make S stock trains with?

superdrive1

Only 1 running, Circle 215; which stables at Triangle. (doesn't look good for tomorrow!)

So would it be fair to assume that we won't be seeing a C on the H&C tomorrow morning then? Also if a C is currently on C215 that I believe means that it will stable in Triangle 34 and presumably mean that'll make it out into service tomorrow on it's planned diagram?

ModernRailways

Established Member
Had a chase of the C Stock on the circle today and had a chat with the driver once we reached Blackfriars. He said tomorrow it was definitely running with it terminating at Hammersmith at around 1130. If I remember rightly the driver said there was going to be some of the management down to see it off into the depot tomorrow. He also mentioned that one set will be spruced up and transferred so it can still run on special services as well as a farewell tour similar to that of the A Stock.

Sad to see them go, but I personally really quite like the S Stock so it's not too big a loss! At least, nothing like the A Stock was! Seem to be being neglected now though, there were no advertising boards inside the carriages, a seat was falling off - had been yesterday (Saturday) too. The A stock seemed to suffer the same.

Manchester77

Established Member
Same with any stock due to go, the old style trams here in manchester receive less attention and are often unwashed outside looking pretty tatty.

I guess it's to support the old stuff bad new stuff good image TfL/TfGM/whoever wants to put across

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Only 1 running, Circle 215; which stables at Triangle. (doesn't look good for tomorrow!)

That was stepped up ( pre-planned ) to run in diagram 214 - which I think finishes up at Barking - starting from the 14.21 off Hammersmith; it was formed of 5565 + 5570 + 5598.

Note the "coincidence".... 214 is 412 in reverse... think back to the last public A Stock in 2012... ;)

Last edited:

Dstock7080

Established Member
That was stepped up ( pre-planned ) to run in diagram 214 - which I think finishes up at Barking - starting from the 14.21 off Hammersmith; it was formed of 5565 + 5570 + 5598.
Yes, 5565+5570+5598 is ready at Barking 23Rd for 246.
Therefore T211 is now starting from Triangle34 as S7 21333/34. :(
Currently (0745, 0915) no C on Circle.

District T71 is 21347/48.

Last edited:

bluegoblin7

Established Member
5565+5570+5598 ARE working T246 and have just (1017) departed Barking. This is it!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As mentioned above, T211 was an S stock and not C stock.

5728+5715+5511 were running T703 to Northwood.

Last edited:

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
5728+5715+5511 were running T703 to Northwood.

My God! My son and I had that rake for haulage from Edgware Road to Wimbledon last night, arriving at Wimbledon at about 17.55...!!

Yes, 5565+5570+5598 is ready at Barking 23Rd for 246.

Not often, you must admit, that I can get Underground gen before you!

Last edited:

bluegoblin7

Established Member
My God! My son and I had that rake for haulage from Edgware Road to Wimbledon last night, arriving at Wimbledon at about 17.55...!!

Not the best photo (was too busy taking them with my camera!) but here it is rolling out of Northwood for the last time, c1415.

...and I have no idea why it's uploaded upside down. Silly phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 51

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
...and I have no idea why it's uploaded upside down. Silly phone.

That'll be a feature of your iPhone, I think.

Using it in landscape orientation with the volume buttons on the top?

Apple's logic is that you should use it with the buttons downwards, which is pretty weird as the buttons double up for taking pictures... :roll:

Dstock7080

Established Member
Things needed to be changed around after 5538+5552+5720 failed at Parsons Green on Saturday.
This meant 1 less serviceable C available.
On Sunday 215 was reformed onto 214 so it could stable at Barking and form last run 246. Very disappointing that the last Circle runs were made on Sunday after all.
This meant 215 didn't stable at Triangle sidings and couldn't form 211!
The 1 removal/scrap train from Lillie Bridge therefore ended up at Hammersmith, so 3 will go to Neasden from Hammersmith today.

Xxx upon checking back the computer system it has come to light that on Monday T215 5516+5533 0446 ex-Lillie Bridge to Aldgate3 0539-0635 HMS then was changed over.
T217 0456 ex-Lillie Bridge was 21368 to Aldgate2. xxX

Last edited:

Amaroussi

I'm gradually uploading my photos of the last revenue C Stock on the H&C. Having learned of the fate (I was planning to rejoin at Wood Lane), I would say that was a bit of a bust although one reassuring thing is that at least we have photos.

C69 Stock 5565 at Barking by κύριαsity, on Flickr

No more of this at Barking (revenue-service-wise), then. (κύριαsity is my Flickr account, just so you know)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.