• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

c2c 357010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dstock7080

Established Member
This unit was sticking out of East Ham sheds, showing that is losing it's green livery vinyls, going into NEX white i presume?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Expression357

This unit was sticking out of East Ham sheds, showing that is losing it's green livery vinyls, going into NEX white i presume?

Penultimate unit to be stripped of it's livery before having NX livery applied.

With 357228 currently at Ilford Works, this leaves 357227 set to be "The Last Blue Train" for Saturday.

anthony263

Established Member
How many C2C units are in the green livery as i heard a green class 357 was to work with the blue class 357 on the C2C railtour this saturday

Ivo

Established Member
357010 is/was it. So if this is true I am extremely disappointed. It was the one train in the entire NX fleet that actually looks genuinely aesthetically pleasing.

Expression357

How many C2C units are in the green livery as i heard a green class 357 was to work with the blue class 357 on the C2C railtour this saturday

Nope. It was just 357010 in green and that is, as you said, being stripped down at East Ham before moving to Ilford for new livery.

The tour on Saturday is expected to be 357227 (C2 Blue) and 357028 (NX White).

Electrostar

Am I correct in thinking the first batch of 357s were delivered in a green and white livery and promptly covered in a pink vinyl?

Ivo

Established Member
When new, the 357s did not directly replace older 302 and 310 units as is mostly believed. They replaced 317s, which I believe green/white (and on loan), and were painted in that same livery. I expect that Expression357 will be able to confirm this but they were probably repainted when the 357/2s came into service to replace the 312s. I have no memory of them in that colour scheme though; only one thinking that they looked better in the green/white...

It is probably due to this initial colour scheme that the interior seating is green and not the more likely purple or (God forbid) white.

Expression357

Initial paint job was White and Green. The LTS colour scheme of old. Remembering when (and who by) the 357/0s were ordered.

A semi blend of Anglia Railways etc - the seating will have revolved around this scheme to start when designed.

Then the c2c branding was rolled out as this branding developed.

Ivo

Established Member
Prism ordered the 357s in March 1997, and they were rolled out over the millennium. 44 in the first batch (two extra, for 46, for free), and then 28 357/2s.

Has 357046 been painted White yet? Haven't seen this one knocking around for a while now. Last time I saw it at the beginning of the year it was still blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SprinterMan

Established Member
Out of interest, is there any reason for NX so quickly repainting all of the 357s white while the 317 repaint was started some time ago but quite a few are still in "one" colours?

MCR247

Established Member
Because the 357s are done at West Ham(?), whereas don't the 317s have to go somewhere else?

387star

On Moderation
317/5, 7 and 8 were targeted before the 6s and three wagn units had to be treated first

Last edited:

Expression357

Has 357046 been painted White yet? Haven't seen this one knocking around for a while now. Last time I saw it at the beginning of the year it was still blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

046 is White.

Two units having livery changes now are 010 (now at Ilford), and 228 (returned to EM from Ilford) and this leaves 227 as the only unit remaining in blue.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Out of interest, is there any reason for NX so quickly repainting all of the 357s white while the 317 repaint was started some time ago but quite a few are still in "one" colours?

Due to some corrosion damage, trains were going to have to be taken out systematically to be repaired.

Opportunity was taken to relivery the fleet at the same time and as part of the same programme.

Status
Not open for further replies.