• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

C2C platform jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aictos

Established Member
I'm just curious to learn what shifts the platform bods at Fenchurch Street do, is it a 24hr station for example?

For example, I'm sure Kings Cross only has the supervisors working a 24 hr roster but the platform bods underneath them don't.

Can anyone answer my query?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Fenchurch st isnt a 24hr station IIRC. From what I can remember they only have a duty manager and some security bods on there through the night.

Aictos

Established Member
Fenchurch st isnt a 24hr station IIRC. From what I can remember they only have a duty manager and some security bods on there through the night.

Would it have changed though now?

dj papi

whats the pay for c2c gate line/ platform

and what is the pay for c2c ticket office staff

Clip

Established Member
Would it have changed though now?

Well its still not open 24hrs thats for sure. As for staffing - someone has to be there but alas, I dont know who.

Probably the NR DSM and some security/station staff.

Aictos

Established Member
Well its still not open 24hrs thats for sure. As for staffing - someone has to be there but alas, I dont know who.

Probably the NR DSM and some security/station staff.

Went on a research trip earlier, Fenchurch Street is special as platform staff work both platforms and the gateline as the C2C staff member explained.

Platform staff work 5am to 1.30pm/1.30 to 10.30pm/10.30pm to 06.30am and they mainly work Monday to Friday on a roster that is Sunday to Sunday.

Maximum number of days worked is 6 in any given week.

Salary is around the £14k mark, think they're still on BR terms and conditions.

BEF7439

I've got an interview soon for a ticket office vacancy with C2C, has anyone had an interview with them before who can offer any tips? I'd be really grateful!

spurs4life

Just do some research on the company to tell them how wonderful they are.they love all that.

Samsam22

They ask u a set of question like health and safety and ask u how u can deal with grumpy customers

danuzumi

I've got an interview soon for a ticket office vacancy with C2C, has anyone had an interview with them before who can offer any tips? I'd be really grateful!

Just wondering, how did it go? Did it seem alright? Did they advertise it on there website? Reason i'm asking is that i would really like to get a job with C2C at some point but haven't had much luck so far.

BEF7439

Just wondering, how did it go? Did it seem alright? Did they advertise it on there website? Reason i'm asking is that i would really like to get a job with C2C at some point but haven't had much luck so far.

Well, I have to say it went rather well and I got the job! The interview itself was quite relaxed with pretty standard customer service based questions. I found it advertised on their website, I'd been checking for a while and these ticket office and gateline vacancies were the first I'd seen so I leaped at the chance. If you see anything pop up on their website just go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.