• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

C2C trainee shunt drivers X 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddyward

Advertised this morning, vacancies for 6 depot drivers at East Ham & Shoeburyness. I’m mid way between the two so either would suit. No salary described I have emailed their HR requesting details.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Saracen_83

Would be ideal if salary ok, but if I remember rightly, will probably be low like GA depot driver salary, however if memory serves me correctly, C2C normally only promotes to train driver from within the company......

Lem

Salary is 28k. Shunters stay shunters there is no progression within anymore.

greatkingrat

Established Member
Salary is 28k. Shunters stay shunters there is no progression within anymore.

There may not be any automatic progression, but presumably you would be able to apply for any vacancies that came up and would surely have a good chance of success compared with someone off the street?

Lem

There may not be any automatic progression, but presumably you would be able to apply for any vacancies that came up and would surely have a good chance of success compared with someone off the street?

Yes would like to think so but they are yet to intake and do street to seat. I believe this is the intention in the future but the last recruitment drive was for qualified drivers.

DA1

Did people get confirmation emails? Has anyone heard anything back from C2C?

Shoeburysam

I start in Jan 18. I done my medical a couple of months ago and they made me do the full drivers medical instead of a shunters.

baz962

Established Member
I start in Jan 18. I done my medical a couple of months ago and they made me do the full drivers medical instead of a shunters.
Ah cool well done I have the psychometrics enhanced and mmi done so will practice these online and get them done. Some of the posts on this are old, any chance you can tell me the different salary levels and wether shunt is depot or different for c2c. Also how strict on the distance thing for shunt and progression to mainline chances, and it is ok if you do not wish to discuss or pm if you like. Any help is much appreciated Sam and well done with the start.

Ghostgeeza

When I applied for the position, i didnt recieve any confirmation email? Did this happen with anyone else ?

Ghostgeeza

Lol thats a bit of a relief because now i know it just means theyre either replying slow or not at all but it said something about if we hear no response im 21 days then its unaccepted...so lets see

baz962

Established Member
Lol thats a bit of a relief because now i know it just means theyre either replying slow or not at all but it said something about if we hear no response im 21 days then its unaccepted...so lets see

How long ago did you apply i cant remember what date it was

Lem

Ah cool well done I have the psychometrics enhanced and mmi done so will practice these online and get them done. Some of the posts on this are old, any chance you can tell me the different salary levels and wether shunt is depot or different for c2c. Also how strict on the distance thing for shunt and progression to mainline chances, and it is ok if you do not wish to discuss or pm if you like. Any help is much appreciated Sam and well done with the start.

There isn’t different levels of pay, it just goes up every year with a pay rise but everyone is on the same. 23k training and 28k once passed out.

baz962

Established Member
There isn’t different levels of pay, it just goes up every year with a pay rise but everyone is on the same. 23k training and 28k once passed out.

Thats what i meant by different levels so23 start , tho i was told 29 elsewhere but 28 is ok , do you work there Lem is there much ot ?

AlexSS3

Hi, I've been invited to the assessment in Watford this month, does anyone know where in Watford it is? Thanks.

The One

It’s all about getting your foot in the door I do believe that’s the battle.Once vacancies do arise then you can apply as it’s always easier to hear about these jobs and get your self known to the correct people.

Status
Not open for further replies.