• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

c2c Trainee Shunt Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JONCLARE

I have been trying to apply online for over a week, but I keep getting a runtime error after the submit.
Has anyone else has this problem?

Knowledgeboy

I have been trying to apply online for over a week, but I keep getting a runtime error after the submit.
Has anyone else has this problem?

Yes very frustrating. I tried to apply twice spending an hour on application only to get to the last page and pressing submit only to get an error on server message. This was on a windows operating system. I then used my sisters mac and it was successful. Fingers crossed. looks interesting. Hopefully it's a good starting point to gain progression to mainline. will a shunters duties with c2c involve much driving or do they employ depot drivers as well or are the two the same? As I know some companies advertise for depot drivers and this involves more actual driving around the depot.

Spectroscopic

The salary for this post is £23,000 (whilst in training) progressing to £27,000 once fully competent. Shunt Drivers work a 35 hour week (on average) including Sundays. Plus significant travel benefits.

We have 2 Depots which we operate from, one in East Ham (the nearest station for which is Barking) and one in Shoeburyness.

There are 4 stages to our recruitment process, which I have outlined below for your information:

Stage 1 - if successful at initial sift you will be asked to complete 2 x online assessments. If you pass these assessments to the standard required for c2c, you will progress to

Stage 2 - the train driver Assessment Centre at our training centre in Southend taking place on 8th and 9th March. You will be required to attend in person.

If you pass these assessments to the standard required for c2c, you will progress to

Stage 3 - face to face train driver assessments at our partners in Watford taking place on w/c 20th and w/c 27th March

if you pass these assessments to the standard required for c2c you will progress to

Stage 4 - a face to face interview with our Driver Managers.

The expected start date for the role is June 2017.

Djm193

Im through to the next stage wooooo.
Does anyone know if its just day shifts??

Knowledgeboy

Im through to the next stage wooooo.
Does anyone know if its just day shifts??

Got rejection email today. Would of been ideal for me as I live 15 mins from depot but not sure if a realistic option in some ways because of the lousy pay but it's a foot in the door for progression to mainline so I would of coped if offered the position. I do believe it involves nights. Good luck to those that progress!

donpoku

Got rejection email today. Would of been ideal for me as I live 15 mins from depot but not sure if a realistic option in some ways because of the lousy pay but it's a foot in the door for progression to mainline so I would of coped if offered the position. I do believe it involves nights. Good luck to those that progress!
Sorry for the knock back, I know how it feels. All the best.

zelx77

Hello, has anyone passed stage 1? I've not heard anything since the deadline on Friday 10 Feb. Just wondering if c2c let you know either way?

Djm193

I got through stage 1 but i did the 2nd assessments when i had the flu last week and my responses and concentration failed me as i was sick as a dog. Wished i did it when i felt better as got rejection email just a min ago :(

zelx77

I just got my email aswell, passed the M7 but failed the VSE test. Frustrating.

zelx77

M7 consists of 25 work situations and you have to order the 4 possible responses in order of your preferred response. There were situations in all kinds of industries, it wasn't about the rail networks. For example, you are a catering manager and your food is going to be late for a function, what would you do? Then you are given 4 different reponses and you order them A, B, C, D how you would respond.

The VSE are response tests - the first one is watching a dot going around in a circle and you have to press a butting when it does something different. This one was quite easy. For me the tricky part was the second part of the response test - you had to follow two visual tests at the same time, so requires coordination.

I actually think I only got a couple wrong from what I remember, but I failed. c2c clearly have a very high pass mark you need to achieve. The practice materials aren't the same as the test either.

Hopefully there will be more trainee vacancies in 6 months and i will give it a second go.

I hope this helps.

donpoku

M7 consists of 25 work situations and you have to order the 4 possible responses in order of your preferred response. There were situations in all kinds of industries, it wasn't about the rail networks. For example, you are a catering manager and your food is going to be late for a function, what would you do? Then you are given 4 different reponses and you order them A, B, C, D how you would respond.

The VSE are response tests - the first one is watching a dot going around in a circle and you have to press a butting when it does something different. This one was quite easy. For me the tricky part was the second part of the response test - you had to follow two visual tests at the same time, so requires coordination.

I actually think I only got a couple wrong from what I remember, but I failed. c2c clearly have a very high pass mark you need to achieve. The practice materials aren't the same as the test either.

Hopefully there will be more trainee vacancies in 6 months and i will give it a second go.

I hope this helps.
That's brilliant, thanks.

Sorry for your setback.

All the best next time.

zelx77

Thanks Dopuku - just out of curiosity, do you work for trainline or are you looking to work for c2c? I just found out that the two online tests for c2c are specific to them only and do not form part of the national RSSB national process.

donpoku

Thanks Dopuku - just out of curiosity, do you work for trainline or are you looking to work for c2c? I just found out that the two online tests for c2c are specific to them only and do not form part of the national RSSB national process.
Hi, no I don't work for trainline and yes would like to join c2c mainline one day.

So the m7 & vse are c2c specific, that means they really have high standards.

No worries, extra hurdle just means we'll have to give it our very best next time.

Many thanks.

Shoeburysam

I had an interview with the driver manager last monday. Has anyone else heard if they got the job yet?

Shoeburysam

So after nearly 3 weeks of waiting and chasing them up. Got an email saying, that they have picked another candidate with a better background and experience. It's a trainee position? But what can you do.

zelx77

So after nearly 3 weeks of waiting and chasing them up. Got an email saying, that they have picked another candidate with a better background and experience. It's a trainee position? But what can you do.

Bad luck Sam, but the fact you got this far is impressive. Does it mean you won't have to go through all the tests for a future position seeing as you have already passed them?

zelx77

Congratulations Sam! Great news. The website isnt advertising this yet. Can I ask you, what advice would you give to someone to prepare them for the shunt driver recruitment process? Any tips, things to practice?

Shoeburysam

Practice the course materials they'll send you in emails. Printing them off is key.
Practice doing two tasks at once normally searching for something and listening to something and remembering both. Also i'd recommend practicing interviews for the mutli modal.

Captain

Hi I am new to this site, and am looking for some clarification on test results for C2C
I sat stage 1 at the OPC in February 2018 and passed 4 of the tests but failed the Tea Occ test,
I was told by the assessor that if I applied again in six months I would only have to take the test I failed. Although I have nothing in writing to back this up.
I have now been invited to a stage 1 assessment this month but it doesn’t state that I will only have to do one test. Will the assessor have my results from last time, as I really don’t want to do all the tests again . Can anybody help me with this

Teddyward

Hi I am new to this site, and am looking for some clarification on test results for C2C
I sat stage 1 at the OPC in February 2018 and passed 4 of the tests but failed the Tea Occ test,
I was told by the assessor that if I applied again in six months I would only have to take the test I failed. Although I have nothing in writing to back this up.
I have now been invited to a stage 1 assessment this month but it doesn’t state that I will only have to do one test. Will the assessor have my results from last time, as I really don’t want to do all the tests again . Can anybody help me with this
Yes your results will be accessible. You shouldn’t have to repeat unless C2C specifically want you to.

Captain

It would be good to have some confirmation in writing from the OPC that I have passed them though, the guy at the OPC told me they are kept on a database ! So fingers crossed they will have them when I go for my assessment.

Captain

Did anyone sit their stage 1 assessments on the 18th Dec 2018 at the Park inn Southend on sea, if so have you had any results back yet? Being as it was just before Christmas it will probably take a while .

Status
Not open for further replies.