• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

c2c Trainee Shunt Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twotwo

Did anyone sit their stage 1 assessments on the 18th Dec 2018 at the Park inn Southend on sea, if so have you had any results back yet? Being as it was just before Christmas it will probably take a while .

Probably take a while due to the bank holidays. I’ll give it another week or two. Was it just me who found tea occ part 1 the hardest. Deffo think I’ve failed it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Twotwo

Hi I am new to this site, and am looking for some clarification on test results for C2C
I sat stage 1 at the OPC in February 2018 and passed 4 of the tests but failed the Tea Occ test,
I was told by the assessor that if I applied again in six months I would only have to take the test I failed. Although I have nothing in writing to back this up.
I have now been invited to a stage 1 assessment this month but it doesn’t state that I will only have to do one test. Will the assessor have my results from last time, as I really don’t want to do all the tests again . Can anybody help me with this

Which part of the tea occ did you fail? Did they tell you? And did you have to redo all of it (part 1,2 and 3) or just the part you failed previously?

Last edited:

Dave19801980

I have a Stage 1 assessment at the Park Inn on 7th January.

Did anyone else get invited to this after doing the online application?....or did anyone have to do any online assessments first?

Captain

Which part of the tea occ did you fail? Did they tell you? And did you have to redo all of it (part 1,2 and 3) or just the part you failed previously?
I am not sure which part I failed, but as far as I aware by reading other threads on here, you have to do the whole tea-Occ test regardless of if you passed part of it, as it is classed as one test. I sat the whole test again.

Halfstar

I sat the test a week before Christmas as well and haven't heard from the opc or c2c since either, it's good to know I'm not the only one. :D

Halfstar

The last part of the tea-occ is what threw me, I saw 10 answer slots for the lift tones and thought I had plenty of time to find the symbols but they didn't ask that many questions so I didn't manage to finish circling the symbols on the sheet. I got to the row before last.

Dave19801980

Hello Halfstar....Happy New Year.

I've got the Stage 1 assessment on 7th Jan....trying to do as much prep as possible for it without getting too obsessed by it all.... :)

Any tips?

Twotwo

Hello Halfstar....Happy New Year.

I've got the Stage 1 assessment on 7th Jan....trying to do as much prep as possible for it without getting too obsessed by it all.... :)

Any tips?

Go to the sticky thread and print out the bourdon test. You need to teach yourself to recognise 4 dots.

For the Tea Occ use this and familarise yourself with low and high tones https://traineetraindriverinfo.com/low-tones-test-track-1/
For part 2 they are all plumbers so you find the double symbols. You have about 45 seconds to do this.
For part 3 they are all restrauant so you are listening for the tones and circling all the double symbols at the same time. I think you have about a minute to do this.

Trp part 1 is a memory test. I'd advise to listen to the text first then write notes.

TRP part 2 they will tell you and make you do a pratice example on the day.

Halfstar

Happy New year man,

Honestly the only advice I can give is the same as the c2c gives you, keep practising the tests. I paid for the trainability and procedures mock tests from the opc directly who are handling the tests. It cost £15 but it helped me get the grips of what was going to happen in the exam. As for the other two test, I couldn't find a way of practising them online but I just revised the material c2c give you in the attachment for the stage 1 assessment email.

Good luck in your test, with any luck we'll have both passed stage 1 :D

Captain

Could anyone give me any idea of the Multi module interview questions that might be asked and how many there are. I have searched a few threads on here but some of them are from a few years back.

Halfstar

Has anyone got their email saying they passed/failed stage 1 yet, still waiting on mine :s

Halfstar

Had a email today from C2C did you get one halfstar ?

I got one saying that I had passed at a national level but am awaiting confirmation as to whether I am heading into stage 2 or not. What about you?

Captain

I got one saying that I had passed at a national level but am awaiting confirmation as to whether I am heading into stage 2 or not. What about you?
The same as you, A few other people on this forum got the same email, maybe they are still sorting through all the results . Let’s hope we progress to stage 2.

Dave19801980

Just got an email from c2c.

Passed to national standard but I guess a similar email to everyone else.

Just told to keep checking the info they sent me.

Anyone else had any different?

Twotwo

Just got an email from c2c.

Passed to national standard but I guess a similar email to everyone else.

Just told to keep checking the info they sent me.

Anyone else had any different?

Jeez that was fast! Us lot who sat it in december only got our results last week. But yes similar email to the one you was received.

Halfstar

Jeez that was fast! Us lot who sat it in december only got our results last week. But yes similar email to the one you was received.

Hopefully, we'll see whether or not we're sitting the next stage relatively soon then

Twotwo

Congrats man. I haven't got anything yet, hopefully they'll let me know if I'm sitting it or not soonish. What day is the assessment on?

Thank you! It's on Wednesday 23rd this month. Fingers crossed you hear soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.