• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

c2c Trainee Shunt Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Halfstar

I was thinking that it's not going to happen if twotwo had already got his invitation but maybe they're doing more than one stage two test like they did with the stage ones possibly?

Twotwo

I was thinking that it's not going to happen if twotwo had already got his invitation but maybe they're doing more than one stage two test like they did with the stage ones possibly?

Her* lol. My surname begins with P, maybe they are doing it alphabetically?

Jlob2804

I've passed the c2c stage 1 assessment in the morning session on the 7th Jan at Southend. But now I've got an assessment for another TOC on 22nd Jan which is:

Colour Vision
Trainability for Rules and Procedures
Group Bourdon Concentration
Test of Everyday Attention (TEA-Occ paper test)
Test of Vigilance (WAFV)
Test of Perception (ATAVT)
Written Communication Test (WCT)
The 2Hand Co-ordination Test

I shouldn't have done a cluster bomb of applications late 2018 because I've now realised you can kinda shoot yourself in the foot. Can't bring myself to not go for this other TOC too though incase I turn it down then fail c2c stage 2 if it eventually comes round? I'd be fuming.

The fail wait 6 months, fail again and your done rule is so harsh and puts you in a difficult position!

Dave19801980

At my stage 1 there must’ve been between 25-35 people and that was just one PM assessment session.

So i’m sure they have lots of people to sort through....but it would be good to know.

Lem

I've passed the c2c stage 1 assessment in the morning session on the 7th Jan at Southend. But now I've got an assessment for another TOC on 22nd Jan which is:

Colour Vision
Trainability for Rules and Procedures
Group Bourdon Concentration
Test of Everyday Attention (TEA-Occ paper test)
Test of Vigilance (WAFV)
Test of Perception (ATAVT)
Written Communication Test (WCT)
The 2Hand Co-ordination Test

I shouldn't have done a cluster bomb of applications late 2018 because I've now realised you can kinda shoot yourself in the foot. Can't bring myself to not go for this other TOC too though incase I turn it down then fail c2c stage 2 if it eventually comes round? I'd be fuming.

The fail wait 6 months, fail again and your done rule is so harsh and puts you in a difficult position!

Just so you know if you fail any tests with that TOC you won’t be able to sit stage 2 with c2c

Twotwo

Hi,

There was about 6 of us. 5 of us progressed to the MMI. As for tips the only one I thought was challenging was the two hand coordination so pratice, familairse and get comfortable with it as much as you can with the pratice runs. The joysticks can take a bit getting used to! So just use the pratice runs as an opportunity to pratice (don't go to the end as this will trigger it to end) . I went out so much and I still managed to pass so I thinks it's about how fast u can go back in.

Dave19801980

Huzzah!! Well done for today and thanks for the hints.

Fingers crossed we all the chance to have a go.

Captain

Hi,

There was about 6 of us. 5 of us progressed to the MMI. As for tips the only one I thought was challenging was the two hand coordination so pratice, familairse and get comfortable with it as much as you can with the pratice runs. The joysticks can take a bit getting used to! So just use the pratice runs as an opportunity to pratice (don't go to the end as this will trigger it to end) . I went out so much and I still managed to pass so I thinks it's about how fast u can go back in.
Well done Twotwo .

Twotwo

Thanks guys, hopefully you all hear soon too. BTW the other person failed on the hand coordination so this is deffo the one to watch. Again like I said, use the pratice runs to familiarise yourself with the joystick as they can be a bit sensitive. Get used to what direction it moves. Find yourself a comfortable position (either rest your hands on the arm chair on the table). Just find out what you are comfortable with basically. Towards the end I was getting a bit frustrated so don't allow yourself to get frustrated. Honestly I went out so many times and I still passed so don't fret guys!!

Captain

Thanks guys, hopefully you all hear soon too. BTW the other person failed on the hand coordination so this is deffo the one to watch. Again like I said, use the pratice runs to familiarise yourself with the joystick as they can be a bit sensitive. Get used to what direction it moves. Find yourself a comfortable position (either rest your hands on the arm chair on the table). Just find out what you are comfortable with basically. Towards the end I was getting a bit frustrated so don't allow yourself to get frustrated. Honestly I went out so many times and I still passed so don't fret guys!!
How long do they give you to write down the answers to your 6 questions on the mmi ? I think that one worries me the most.

Twotwo

Oh we did that at the beginning. It's basically a sentence or two using one example. Nothing too in depth. Took me about 15 mins. Dont stress too much about that. You can also change your answer in the MMI.

Captain

Oh we did that at the beginning. It's basically a sentence or two using one example. Nothing too in depth. Took me about 15 mins. Dont stress too much about that. You can also change your answer in the MMI.
Ah that don’t seem too bad, thank you for that, put my mind at rest .

Jlob2804

Just so you know if you fail any tests with that TOC you won’t be able to sit stage 2 with c2c

Yeah it was a risk but luckily I passed, waiting for MMI/DMI for SWR. The test lady said it has been known to take over a year, so not sure how I feel about it really? Gotta do SJE and MMI/DMI for c2c now, whenever that comes around. I'm just gonna do whatever comes up first I think. c2c shunt drivers can become mainline drivers after a few years anyway.

7241N

I had my part 1 on 15th November, part 2 was 22nd January and I have my Interview today. Getting a bit nervous now.

Ghuraba

Has anyone had the DMI? If so can you let me know what they asked please. Friend has his interview next week

dan5324

On Moderation
So that’s it apparently for recruitment this year for drivers at c2c! If you haven’t yet had your stage 2 I’d get applying for other companies as the company are finishing up this round of recruitment by Friday this week.

7241N

Really?! If that's true I don't get why a friend of mine did his part one on the 7th Jan. Seems a bit strange to me.

dan5324

On Moderation
I’m only going by what the head of recruitment at C2C told me yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.