• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

c2c Trainee Shunt Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlob2804

That's annoying I only had to do SJE and interviews. They basically wasted our time on the 7th then, I took annual leave for that. I suppose they're a business and don't wanna spend more money if they already have who they need. Hopefully they'll email us and not leave us in the lurch.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ashraf Uddin

Hi, Just had a quick read through the thread and like others I sat my stage 1 assessment on 18th December. I didn't receive any email stating weather or not I had passed, I even emailed them on 16th January almost a month after the assessment date asking for an update and still haven't even had a reply. They have completely failed at managing peoples expectations, I have found this to be very unprofessional.

Captain

Hi, Just had a quick read through the thread and like others I sat my stage 1 assessment on 18th December. I didn't receive any email stating weather or not I had passed, I even emailed them on 16th January almost a month after the assessment date asking for an update and still haven't even had a reply. They have completely failed at managing peoples expectations, I have found this to be very unprofessional.
Have you tried ringing the OPC they did say on the day that we could get feed back for up to 3 months. It would be good to know if you have passed, I did get an email on the 4th jan to say I had passed stage 1 but since then nothing.

dan5324

On Moderation
If no email then I’d say it’s almost certain you didn’t pass. C2C seem to take the view that no news Should be treated as bad news.

dan5324

On Moderation
I think it’s darn right disgusting the way c2c have handled this recruitment process. Sure it’s only a Talent pool position but people are entitled to know where they stand!!

7241N

The position I have applied for is not the pool job. Its an actual vacancy that was advertised a while before the pool job. :(

Jlob2804

I think it’s darn right disgusting the way c2c have handled this recruitment process. Sure it’s only a Talent pool position but people are entitled to know where they stand!!

Most railway jobs ask for an example of providing good customer service. c2c would fail its own interview lol.

dan5324

On Moderation
So someone who I sat stage 1 with has their medical date for the 25th of March with Medigold. Surely he isn’t the only one to hear back from them? Anyone?

Brandon

Hi,

i am new to this forum but i have been following this thread for around 1-2 months. i say my stage one at Southend on the 7th and i managed to pass stage one and heard back within 3 days to which i thought was great. i see that Dave you was also there that day and i am shocked to see that we both have not heard along with quite a few others? i have emailed several times but not heard anything?

7241N

I have a friend that sat his part 1 on 7th January too. He hasn't heard anything either.

Brandon

Someone i know who has been employed by C2C for a while now said people have already started i think but in a few months they will be recruiting so maybe that's when we will all hear back and continue our stages? At this point i am just carrying on with my current job and putting this to the back of my mind. But leaving it with an open door

7241N

I am due to start on March 21st but my part 1 was in the 15th November so its taken a while to get to this point. Good luck!!

Brandon

I am due to start on March 21st but my part 1 was in the 15th November so its taken a while to get to this point. Good luck!!

That does make me feel much better lol! I did think this would be long process and like i said maybe this is the talent pool now and as new opportunities arise we will continue our progress through the stages.

Good luck on the job!

Jlob2804

I spoke to a shunter I know from Shoebury again recently and he said c2c wouldn't waste money putting us all through stage one just to never be in contact again. It took him six months to hear back for his stage two. For those (including myself) who haven't heard anything since passing stage one, we'll be kept on the books and called upon before the re advertise externally for more shunters, makes sense.

Obviously not what we wanted, but at least it takes the sting out of it.

Brandon

I spoke to a shunter I know from Shoebury again recently and he said c2c wouldn't waste money putting us all through stage one just to never be in contact again. It took him six months to hear back for his stage two. For those (including myself) who haven't heard anything since passing stage one, we'll be kept on the books and called upon before the re advertise externally for more shunters, makes sense.

That is what i thought, after i hadnt heard i spoke to someone i knew from C2C and he said the same, when they next recruit people in stage one will go to two and beyond and the cycle continues, its just a bit annoying not knowing from them what we are doing

Captain

That makes more sense , thanks for the info.

Dave19801980

Yes....thanks for taking the time to put all that info on here.

Hopefully patience is a virtue.....good luck to us all and we shall see what the future holds.

dan5324

On Moderation
Hmm that’s not generally not how pool usually works though? Usually you at least get a yes or no. Then a “we will be in touch” should any vacancies arise?

l

JH82

I received an email today inviting me to stage 2 on March 4th. I did Stage 1 in Southend on Dec 18th and was told I passed on Jan 4th, so 7 weeks of radio silence before today's email!

Halfstar

I got a stage 2 invite as well but my ones for the 21st March, I can't even remember when I sat my stage 1 now. It's been so long since I done it lol

Brandon

I got a stage 2 invite as well but my ones for the 21st March, I can't even remember when I sat my stage 1 now. It's been so long since I done it lol
Congrats Halfstar and JH82!

By the sounds of it you will sit your test then i expect us that sat it in Jan will hear in like 2-3 weeks.

Good luck!

Dave19801980

Indeed....well done to those of you that have heard and are going to get the chance to do Stage 2....best of luck and let us know how it all goes.

Fingers crossed for all us January bods :)

Ashraf Uddin

stage 1 sat on 18th December and still not heard anything back. its nice to hear that some of you are being invited back now though be it after a long wait, I've yet to receive any communication at all. Those that have been told they passed stage 1 must have done quite exceptionally, It would be nice to know if I've at least passed some of the tests or miserably failed completely rather than being left in the dark.

Turner22

Afternoon guys, when it comes to the railway it is unfortunately a waiting game. I was a Dept driver for another company before and it took 10 months from assessments to actually starting. I worked in a team of 16, I would say 13 of which will always be Dept drivers unless they have incidents, retire or fail medicals. The other 3 would move on once they secure positions on the panel or mainline driving so essentially the vacancies are few and far between. Saying that I know the company stockpiled and had recruits ready so when a position became available they can just pull you out of the hat or talent pool. You will hear back in time so keep hoping. I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.