• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

c2c Trainee Shunt Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlob2804

Afternoon guys, when it comes to the railway it is unfortunately a waiting game. I was a Dept driver for another company before and it took 10 months from assessments to actually starting. I worked in a team of 16, I would say 13 of which will always be Dept drivers unless they have incidents, retire or fail medicals. The other 3 would move on once they secure positions on the panel or mainline driving so essentially the vacancies are few and far between. Saying that I know the company stockpiled and had recruits ready so when a position became available they can just pull you out of the hat or talent pool. You will hear back in time so keep hoping. I hope that helps.
Thanks mate it does help :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Captain

stage 1 sat on 18th December and still not heard anything back. its nice to hear that some of you are being invited back now though be it after a long wait, I've yet to receive any communication at all. Those that have been told they passed stage 1 must have done quite exceptionally, It would be nice to know if I've at least passed some of the tests or miserably failed completely rather than being left in the dark.
If you phone the OPC they will be able to tell you if you have passed the stage 1 and give you feedback .

Ashraf Uddin

If you phone the OPC they will be able to tell you if you have passed the stage 1 and give you feedback .

Hi contacted OPC directly and they said that they are not allowed to give out individual test results and that I will have to wait until C2C lets me know otherwise. Does anyone have a direct number for c2c recruitment I can try? the only one I have found is 01420 521278 and it the operator says that the number doesn't exist. I've kind of lost hope now and have put this on the back burner.

dan5324

On Moderation
There is no recruitment number unfortunately. And the recruitment team are incredibly hard to get hold of. Personally I’d just move on. If they want you they’ll contact you.

Dave19801980

I agree with Dan. Trying to get answers or info from either side is virtually impossible and it’s just a waiting game i’m afraid. Not great but we’re all in the same boat.

7241N

A friend of mine sat his part one in January and hadn't heard anything.
Today he managed to get thru to someone at C2C and was told he is thru to stage 2 next month.
Apparwntly he was due to be emailed next week.
So there is still hope

7241N

I'm due to start on the 21st of March and have only received my official job offer letter TODAY! !

dan5324

On Moderation
Probably won’t. As far as I’m aware C2C are now fully manned both depot and mainland. That may change if and when crossrail opens who knows. Most people that sat the tests have already received start dates and medical dates etc

Brandon

Ahhhh damn! i guess all we can do is hold out for the next wave of recruitment and hope!

jimfrst

Probably won’t. As far as I’m aware C2C are now fully manned both depot and mainland. That may change if and when crossrail opens who knows. Most people that sat the tests have already received start dates and medical dates etc
They are definitely not fully established for mainline drivers. Advertising for fully qualified drivers on their website. Relying on overtime to cover a lot of jobs lately.
Also when they introduce the 4 day working week they will need around 30 part time drivers, 15 have applied from within but still need more.

Dave19801980

Hello all!

7241N....how’s it going so far?

Also from those of you that have done stage 2 can I clarify....

WAFV - stare at a screen with a grey square on a white background for around 30 minutes and press the green button on the controller when the square flashes black/darker?

ATAVT - get a quick glimpse of a picture and have to choose which things were in the picture....ie pedestrian, traffic light etc?

2 Hand Test - move the ball around the shape using the joysticks on the controller? Also did someone say that you can practice a bit longer if you don’t allow the ball to get to the end of the shape? Shape is roughly like the letters CVT?

SJE - various questions about what you’d do in a particular situation....these answers are used in the MMI?

MMI - interview based on a few written examples that we write down earlier in the day?

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

7241N

Going well so far. Easing us in gently with 2 days for a company induction. Off to Shoeburyness depot tomorrow.

All of the above is correct. Make sure all of the examples you use are specific to you and things that you have actually done yourself.

Halfstar

I was just about to ask the same thing. Nothing yet unfortunately, let us know if you hear back though.

Captain

Hi Halfstar,
Not only me then, I will let you know if I hear back , let me know if you do .

Halfstar

I’ve got my Stage 2 on Wednesday in Watford. How were your days there?

The day is relatively straightforward. First you will fill out a short form on which you write your answers to the mmi interview that you will have at the end of the day (bear in mind that you get to keep this for the interview to refer back to) then you do all of your computer tests in one go which aren't really too difficult as long as you keep concentrating on the task at hand. I will say that the test in which you stare at a grey square for half an hour (sorry I forgot what it is called) can be quite mentally draining. You get the results for these tests before you continue on. If you pass, you get to carry on. If you fail, unfortunately, you go home.

Then they gave us a mini break to go get lunch while they got prepared for the mmi interview. The mmi is giving a series of your own examples of when you have performed certain characteristics that they are looking for (e.g. keeping concentration when a task is monotonous and repetitive). Then they send you on your way.

I hope this helps, good luck for your stage 2!

7241N

That was one of the shortest waits for me. Max of 2 weeks I'd say. Sat mine mid Jan and started working on the 21st March.

Dave19801980

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to Wednesday...I can only do my best....still a long road to go.

Brandon

i Sat mine yesterday and it was all fine, i did the grey square which i was able to work out after 10 mins i was 15 seconds behind the guy next to me so i just kept counting in 12-15 after i heard him press it and i passed that fine even though i did accidentally press the button when the square wasn't there twice.

The picture one is very quick and i was unsure if i passed that one, but that was okay.

Then the 2 hand one, well this is horrible to be honest i thought i failed, you get the same shape 10 times and every time at least once or twice i went out the shape.

The MMI is an hour long interview about 6 questions so that can be quite mentally challenging.

All in all i passed the 3 tests and i am waiting for the MMI results.

Hopefully i hear back soon, and good luck on Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.