• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

cab creating program

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkavenger38

hi all just wandering if anyone knows of a cab creating program for bve as i may make my train for bve2 first then bve4 so i can get some expericance.

Regards
Tom

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Paint is Basic and can lead to some Quality Diffencies.

Any Image Editing Program can be used as long as it supports BMP and can draw Blue Pixels. PSP or Photoshop is better if have it.

Tom B

Established Member
As for the configs, read the ones with other trains + the plugin docs and you should pick it up in no time.

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
As for the configs, read the ones with other trains + the plugin docs and you should pick it up in no time.

I know this isn't the thread, but did the sound.cfg replace the train.dat? If so, how does the train get it's sounds configures in the way it should sound. IE: If you have 3 motor sounds, if they are in the wrong sequence, the train will sound wrong??? :?: :)

Tom B

Established Member
No...

Train.dat does everything it used to.

Sound.cfg however now says which sound does what

So when you had BVE4 you had motorx.wav. Now you can call them whatever you like so long as, in Sound.cfg, you say that mysoundx.wav should be the motorx sound.

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
No...

Train.dat does everything it used to.

Sound.cfg however now says which sound does what

So when you had BVE4 you had motorx.wav. Now you can call them whatever you like so long as, in Sound.cfg, you say that mysoundx.wav should be the motorx sound.

Ah right, I see! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.