• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Railway Craigleith station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I am trying to find out what were any intermediate railway stations, even very short lived ones, there were situated between Edinburgh and Craigleith. Some sources so far have intimated that the line in question was the Caledonian Railway Leith North branch line and others disagree saying it was the Caledonian Railway Granton branch line.

This is part of research that I am making on the Caledonian Railway Barnton branch line, which ran from the junction on the line at Craigleith to Barnton (formerly known as Cramond Brig).

I would be most grateful for any advice or assistance that can be offered.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bavvo

On my old atlas I have Dalry Road and Murrayfield on a branch from Princes St, and the branch splits and continues to Leith, Granton and Barnton if that helps?

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

Bevan Price

Established Member
If you are not already a member, the Caledonian Railway Association may be able to help you.

http://www.crassoc.org.uk/cra/

Their website says they have numerous archives including timetables, maps & other documents.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
If you are not already a member, the Caledonian Railway Association may be able to help you.

http://www.crassoc.org.uk/cra/

Their website says they have numerous archives including timetables, maps & other documents.

Thank you for your help. I have sent an e-mail query to them.

The only society that I retain active fully-paid membership of these days is that of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Society.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.