• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper and Rover tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I possess a….

North West 4 in 8 ticket

“NORTH WEST 4 IN 8 DAY ROVER / N37 / I120 FONW 4IN8DAY RVR”

And a ….

Spirit of Scotland Travel pass

SPIRIT OF SCOTLAND 4FROM8 / ST9 / J176 SRT OF SCOT 4-8

Could this combination of tickets allow travel on the “Seated” section of the Caledonian Sleeper service (1S25) between Preston dep 00:56 and Inverness arr 08:42.

Proposed travel date 08/11/2019.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

glenbogle

The Spirit Of Scotland ticket is not valid on Caledonian Sleeper services.

• Train travel in Scotland – and journeys to and from Carlisle and Berwick-upon-Tweed with ScotRail, Virgin Trains, CrossCountry, LNER, and First TransPennine Express. On some lines you won't be able to travel at peak times

Established Member
The Spirit Of Scotland ticket is not valid on Caledonian Sleeper services.

• Train travel in Scotland – and journeys to and from Carlisle and Berwick-upon-Tweed with ScotRail, Virgin Trains, CrossCountry, LNER, and First TransPennine Express. On some lines you won't be able to travel at peak times
Is that likely to be an oversight though? Granted, if it isn't listed as valid on CS, it isn't valid on CS.

janb

Neither ticket is listed as being valid on Caledonian Sleeper.

With the Freedom of Scotland Travelpass you can travel between any of the stations on the national network in Scotland plus to/from Carlisle and Berwick-upon-Tweed in England. Also valid on the seated portion of the 04:50 Caledonian Sleeper from Edinburgh to Fort William.
Which is no help to me :(
Thanks for clearing my view of the situation. The £39 single now looks OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.