• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian sleeper booking query

Status
Not open for further replies.

philjo

Established Member
I booked a 1st class sleeper single via the scotrail website last night. (Euston to fort william) - first time I have booked the sleeper.

The booking confirmation email I received says it is Coach G cabin 13 but then says the booking is for the lower berth.
As I was booking a 1st single it should be a single cabin or does it usually state lower berth for 1st class bookings?

There was also some small print on the booking confirmation screen after payment was made saying 1st class not available for the journey (but not shown on the confirmation email) - though it let me book the 1st sleeper single. Has it booked me into a 1st cabin or a standard one?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

furgus2

G is definitely the 1st class carriage on the Fort William sleeper and it will say the lower berth but the upper berth will be folded away. I've also noticed when you book online that it says 1st class not available for the journey. Maybe that's referring to seated accommodation.

furgus2

No problem, I travelled north on it Tuesday night and back south again tonight. Personally, I think you've just about got the best position in the carriage, one of the berths in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.