1. 125Group forum donation: see here!

Caledonian Sleeper Class 92's

Discussion in 'Traction & Rolling Stock' started by Mag_seven, 17 May 2016.

1. bastien

bastien Member

Employers should "provide protection from falling objects" - for example, a heavy chain.

2. Charlie Smythe

Charlie Smythe Member

Well that is mental. Just wear a hard hat or something and be careful.

3. bastien

bastien Member

I should probably leave this, but I've done enough work for Health and Safety organisations to know: a) People get horribly injured at work so often it's not funny and b) The reasons are often completely banal and avoidable. Sorry, I'll get off my hobby horse.

4. 59CosG95

59CosG95 Established Member

I should point out that it is good practice to try and avoid sending fitters down below the coaches with hi-vis and helmets at the design stage; CAF have essentially designed the risk of injury out of the coupling with the use of Dellners (which also conveniently transfer the required ETS through the train without the need for connecting nearly as many jumper cables).
    Besides, a hard hat is next to useless against a pair of buffers crushing an engineers' skull laterally.

5. 43096

43096 Established Member

The Dellners do not transfer the train supply on the sleepers. If they did, they wouldn't need ETH jumpers.

One point: the existing stock, Class 92s excepted, has auto-couplers as they have Buckeyes. The Class 73s did too before they were retro-fitted with Dellners. Only major difference is the air connections, which are presumably auto on the Dellners. It does beg the question why drop-head Buckeyes have not been fitted on the new stock with the Class 92s modified as well.

6. xotGD

xotGD Established Member

Folks,
    Can we talk about the locos on the loco thread, the coaching stock on the coaching stock thread and the showers, blankets and breakfast on the general wibble thread.
    Cheers

7. ScottDarg

ScottDarg Member

92044 on Carstairs tonight; 018 in Edinburgh for 1M16 so that leaves 028 for 1M11