• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper Delay Repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolzac

Hi everyone,

I travelled on the Sleeper Train on Sunday 20th December 2015 from Euston and arrived at Fort William on the Monday morning but the journey was delayed by 45 minutes or so.

I sent delay repay forms with the tickets which they received on 14th January (I sent them 2nd class signed for). However, they have still not sent me any rail vouchers or even any correspondence despite saying on the form that the refund would be received within 10 working days!

I rang them up today but the all the person on the phone could say was that they have a massive backlog and wait for another 3 weeks when I will 'probably' have received compensation by then.

Is this acceptable?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Johnuk123

Established Member
Hi everyone,

I travelled on the Sleeper Train on Sunday 20th December 2015 from Euston and arrived at Fort William on the Monday morning but the journey was delayed by 45 minutes or so.

I sent delay repay forms with the tickets which they received on 14th January (I sent them 2nd class signed for). However, they have still not sent me any rail vouchers or even any correspondence despite saying on the form that the refund would be received within 10 working days!

I rang them up today but the all the person on the phone could say was that they have a massive backlog and wait for another 3 weeks when I will 'probably' have received compensation by then.

Is this acceptable?

If you get something in 3 or 4 weeks you should consider yourself lucky.

theironroad

Established Member
Iirc, under Scotrail tenure they added compensation to the repay if it wasn't dealt with within the advertised timeframe.

Not sure if it applies under the serco regime.....

grid56032_uk

If it is any help, I traveled on Jan 6th; I sent my delay repay off on Jan 8th. My claim was received on Jan 13th and I received my vouchers yesterday Feb 27th. There is a hell of a backlog as confirmed by Serco and I not surprised to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.