• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BRX

Established Member
Trying to remember formation for n-bound Highlander. From the front at Euston I think it's
FTW sleepers
ABD sleepers
ABD lounge/seats
INV sleepers
INV lounge/seats.

Is that right?

And on ECML nights it's the same at Euston because it reverses at Wembley and then comes into Waverley from the 'wrong' direction.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
For an interesting allocation, looks like 86101 on the Edinburgh tonight.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Trying to remember formation for n-bound Highlander. From the front at Euston I think it's
FTW sleepers
ABD sleepers
ABD lounge/seats
INV sleepers
INV lounge/seats.

Is that right?

Yes that is correct, noting of course that the FW lounge and seats get added at Edinburgh.

Clansman

Established Member
Currently on the Inverness s/b. Loco seemed to have conked out briefly whilst sat at a red in the Mound Tunnel just short of Waverley, for a minute or two. Pulled us into platform 20 with the absence of power outwith the main saloon lights.

Not entirely sure what happened but hopefully it doesn't affect those on the n/b one in a couple of hours.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The 90/92 shouldn't affect the southbound, or do you mean the 67?

I am on the northbound Inverness portion so I keep my fingers crossed.

Gonzoiku

The 90/92 shouldn't affect the southbound, or do you mean the 67?

I am on the northbound Inverness portion so I keep my fingers crossed.

Congratulations, you probably noticed it was fully booked, I saw the loadsheet for the seated coach, more names than would have been on the whole train a couple of months ago!

But maybe you didn't notice the over-booking, a result of having a booking system unfit for purpose.

Allegedly they have had to switch back from a booking system set up for the new stock, with imperfect results. A bodge gone wrong. Thus I was unable to switch from the Lowlander (I had hoped there might be a no-show, but onboard staff were counting on no-shows to get everyone aboard) and am currently sitting at Carstairs. Sorry to have missed you!

GZ

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Well, they couldn't find my booking, for a wonderful panic moment at Crewe as I saw the loading sheet and was worried for a sec I'd be stranded.

They did find me a bed though, eventually.

Don't think they'll be getting as much custom from me going forward. This one overall has been a right shambles.

You have my commiserations.

sarahj

Established Member
Bumf:
Retail Brief 86 – Use of Solo Attribute in First Class
02 May 2018
From 10 June it was anticipated that all our services would be operated by new trains. That is how they are
configured in NRS and all the rooms have been created with two beds.
If you are making reservations in Standard Class you should continue to use the Male/Female/Together
attributes. Solo should not be used.
If you are booking First Class tickets you must use the solo attribute. This is enforced in some systems but
may not in other systems. If you do not use this option the retail system may book 2 people in the same room
with one bed.
Please note this change.

TJ Barrent

For an interesting allocation, looks like 86101 on the Edinburgh tonight.

I think I saw that coming in to Edinburgh platform 9 shortly before our VTEC to London left but was too busy trying to find our seats after they swapped our HST for a class 91 at the last minute to think about it at the time.

Also, we are booked on northbound low lander on Monday 7th, our tickets say we leave at 2130 but the website and RTT disagree. No reply to my email to customer services yet (3 days...) but I guess if we turn up for a 2130 departure and it’s not until the usual time it’s better than the other way round!

Essexman

Established Member
I've got a couple of flexipass bookings for three weeks time and want to book a seat in the lounge car for a meal. Is there any way to do this online or do I have to do it by email?

LeylandLen

This from National Rail at 1921 tonight, Sunday .

A failure of the electricity supply at Glasgow Central is causing major disruption to trains at this station.

Trains at Glasgow Central may be cancelled or revised. Disruption is expected until the end of service.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Do you know what loco brought the ECS (5M11) in - and is it still tied on to the back?

Evidence from elsewhere that this was 92010 and it is being dragged on the back of 1M11 as far as Edinburgh as 1M11 gets to Edinburgh via Shotts tonight. 92010 should take over 1M11 from Edinburgh.

Seated passengers from Inverness transferred to berths at Dunkeld tonight, AC demic

Established Member
I've got a couple of flexipass bookings for three weeks time and want to book a seat in the lounge car for a meal. Is there any way to do this online or do I have to do it by email?
Email

The only food you can book online with Flexipass is breakfast... and of course you book it all over again with the door hanger.

Don't assume that the lounge host will have any record of your reservation either, the emails very often don't get acted on.

You need to be in the lounge at the earliest possible moment before departure, as far as I'm aware that's the only way to raise your chances.

Not great for their most frequent customers.

JModulo

1M11 was due to leave Edinburgh 2318 and passengers still haven't been allowed to board the Edinburgh portion.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Evidence from elsewhere that this was 92010 and it is being dragged on the back of 1M11 as far as Edinburgh as 1M11 gets to Edinburgh via Shotts tonight. 92010 should take over 1M11 from Edinburgh.

Confirmed 92010 is at the country end at Euston, which was on the blocks at Glasgow Central. 87002 dragged the train in from Wembley

Last edited:

Scotrail84

Established Member
Email

The only food you can book online with Flexipass is breakfast... and of course you book it all over again with the door hanger.

Don't assume that the lounge host will have any record of your reservation either, the emails very often don't get acted on.

You need to be in the lounge at the earliest possible moment before departure, as far as I'm aware that's the only way to raise your chances.

Not great for their most frequent customers.

Pretty sure pre booked meals gets some sort of priority in the lounge car.

Established Member
Pretty sure pre booked meals gets some sort of priority in the lounge car.
They do, but Essexman's problem is that you can't order a meal or reserve a table as part of an online Flexipass booking.

Status
Not open for further replies.