• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Caledonian Sleeper earlier departures 10/04/16 - 08/05/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginge8991

Hi all, I'm planning on travelling from Glasgow to London on the Sleeper at some point in April, and looking at the timetable it shows that the train will depart Glasgow Central at 21:44 instead of 23:15. Can anyone tell me what this is in aid of?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jimm

Established Member
Probably something to do the resignalling work taking place in and around Motherwell over that period, with line closures on Sundays, so the trains are going to have to be diverted.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Don't quite understand. Leaves Glasgow at 2340 not 2315 and no alterations in RTT or on the NRE Future Engineering Works Website unless anybody else can dig anything more out..

jimm

Established Member
Don't quite understand. Leaves Glasgow at 2340 not 2315 and no alterations in RTT or on the NRE Future Engineering Works Website unless anybody else can dig anything more out..

On some of the Sunday nights in that period and on into May and June, it certainly does depart at 21.44, but not every Sunday. The changes are detailed on Caledonian Sleeper's website here, along with northbound alterations

https://www.sleeper.scot/service-alterations

Scotrail and Virgin services will also be altered due to Sunday closures in the Motherwell area for resignalling, again details are on their websites.

Last edited:

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I picked dates at random and landed on a non-affected date, obviously. Going via Shotts, Edinburgh and ECML.

Status
Not open for further replies.