• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cambrian Class 97's

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Informer

I believe NR are deploying two more 97 locos for Cambrian workings but this time those little genius's from Hitachi are fitting the ERTMS equipment. Could this lead to a portable version becoming available sometime soon?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tirphil

I believe NR are deploying two more 97 locos for Cambrian workings but this time those little genius's from Hitachi are fitting the ERTMS equipment. Could this lead to a portable version becoming available sometime soon?

There is some night time testing taking place at the weekend but I believe that is for a software update.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
I'd hope that testing of different supplier equipment does take place; it would be preferable to have multiple proven and qualified providers.

Status
Not open for further replies.