• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cambridge - Ipswich area period return with breaks of journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerheid

Established Member
Hello

I'd like to do the following journeys on weekdays, with a 16-25 railcard.

Day 1
- Cambridge (or Cambridge North) to Ipswich (morning rush hour)
- Ipswich to Westerfield or Felixstowe (evening rush hour)

Day 2
- Felixstowe or Westerfield to Ipswich (morning rush hour)
- Ipswich to Cambridge (or Cambridge North) (evening rush hour)

Any advice as to the best way of going about this? I gather that only off-peak period returns are available between Cambridge and Ipswich?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Hello

Day 1

Day 2

Any advice as to the best way of going about this? I gather that only off-peak period returns are available between Cambridge and Ipswich?
Since you are splitting each 'return journey' over different days, I would have thought that ordinary walk-up Day Returns (or Singles) would be poorly suited to your needs. Either Advances or period Returns would probably be the best way. It's a little difficult to advise on optimal splitting points given the fact that you can't just enter this kind of journey into the likes of TrainSplit.

hooverboy

On Moderation
Hello

Day 1

Day 2

if you could manage travel after 08.45 then your best option is the anglia plus rover tickets...you get a discount on 16-25 railcard as well.
£12.50 for 1 day, or £25 for 3 days in 7.

eastdyke

Established Member
Since you are splitting each 'return journey' over different days, I would have thought that ordinary walk-up Day Returns (or Singles) would be poorly suited to your needs. Either Advances or period Returns would probably be the best way. It's a little difficult to advise on optimal splitting points given the fact that you can't just enter this kind of journey into the likes of TrainSplit.
There are no advances for GA 'rural' routes. Not even Ipswich-Peterborough. :'(
If travel includes peak times then the anytime singles may be the only option.

andythebrave

Looks like single to Westerfield with £12.00 16-25 minimum fare and separate singles Westerfield to Ipswich (not using railcard) and Ipswich to Cambridge (with railcard) will be best if you have to be in Ipswich early.

Status
Not open for further replies.